lavabostore

Dear Forum,

Could someone advise me how to re-create a new database for a previous Prestashop I once had online. I downloaded all the files for backup, but omitted to download the database. Now I have uploaded the files again online, the front page reads - Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'xmi48rmd_prest'@'localhost' (using password: YES). The new database would require the new user nameas the prefix: nyyf6ebf_

I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you

Adi Otobo

It would be not help by only creating a new database. For to get your shop running again you need to: 1) create a blank new database and 2) import all data from old one to new one. After this, you should change the file /config/settings.inc.php by adding the new credentials, if you renamed the database and or created new user/password. Nevertheless you need to have a back-up of your old database.

If you don't have it, so you loose all data added. So try to get a back-up of your old database at any way. If not possible. So install Prestashop again. In this case you will need to begin from zero.