What a mess this version is bugs and creepy crawlies

Any one else having this problem with the modules page, i am happy for expert to have an account and wander in and see if they can spot problem.
Modules suddenly not working, either configure takes it to uninstalled or adding a new module does nothing.
Tried memory allocation 100m changed to 200m no change so put it back.
This new version looks fantastic but i really need it to work.
What could cause problem with modules?
like i said if someone with tech knowledge wants a quick look then they can have a temp user and password.
I am now getting desperate

Paypal will not let me configure nor export google not even touching others incase i damage further

Seems some others getting similar problems with modules. Not many (any) suggestions of possible cures or help offered so looks like its not been possible to fix yet.
My advice is that if your thinking of upgrading to the new version wait till you see solved on this issue as it has totally stopped customers buying and google shopping has dropped us. This downtime has caused problems that will be evident for weeks as it takes ages to get back up on google etc.

So we are without our shop, unable to go back to old version and unable to fix.
In do think that when it works it will be better than before but right now its as much use as a chocolate teapot.
There is probably an easy answer to this, but its only easy when you know how.

Seems some others getting similar problems with modules. Not many (any) suggestions of possible cures or help offered so looks like its not been possible to fix yet.
My advice is that if your thinking of upgrading to the new version wait till you see solved on this issue as it has totally stopped customers buying and google shopping has dropped us. This downtime has caused problems that will be evident for weeks as it takes ages to get back up on google etc.

So we are without our shop, unable to go back to old version and unable to fix.
In do think that when it works it will be better than before but right now its as much use as a chocolate teapot.
There is probably an easy answer to this, but its only easy when you know how.

I wish I had seen this before.
All of the hard work, specially in the seo topic, gone. That took me MONTHS!!!
I will go back to the old version I had before upgrading, I will reinstall and reupload the data copy.
I hope some other people get to see this message and don't upgrade. It's suicide.

All this helps prestashop identify problem so not universal could be important info.
Could be server setup or even number of products on upgrade that causes it to act like this, i hope prestashop investigate and report back.
Prestashop you can email me and get permission to go into BO on my site if it helps.
www.worldofshops.co.uk

Problems here and about paypal seem related to this problem
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/90401/configuring___using_prestashop/cms_links_dont_work_when_using_friendly_url__1_dot_4_rc2
As i have that too.

The big lesson here is to make an exact duplicate of your current Prestashop directory and backup the database. I was able to revert back to 1.3 in a couple of minutes when the upgrade failed.

I still got back of them both but will not run now only will run with new version with errors.
The changes have effected it and tax error comes up.
Worse still under testing it worked fine and everything seemed ok after install, then it went bad. So not really alot you can do.

You back everything up, you pre test then it starts developing faults.

You switch back to backup and that now has "TAX" error
Pretty much did everything right and sometimes thats not enough.

So do not think fine, im backed up so will risk it, it may still bite u

The big lesson here is to make an exact duplicate of your current Prestashop directory and backup the database. I was able to revert back to 1.3 in a couple of minutes when the upgrade failed.

I still got back of them both but will not run now only will run with new version with errors.
The changes have effected it and tax error comes up.
Worse still under testing it worked fine and everything seemed ok after install, then it went bad. So not really alot you can do.

You back everything up, you pre test then it starts developing faults.

You switch back to backup and that now has "TAX" error
Pretty much did everything right and sometimes thats not enough.

So do not think fine, im backed up so will risk it, it may still bite u

I don't know how you did your previous version backup and how you reinstalled it, but I made an exact copy of my /prestashop directory, named it /save_prestashop and backed up the database. When the 1.4 upgrade failed, I deleted the /prestashop directory that held the 1.4 upgrade, deleted the upgraded database, created a new database, imported the 1.3 database and renamed /save_prestashop to /prestashop, tested it and everything worked as before. There's no reason it shouldn't, it's all the same as before.

Only thing i did different was not delete the upgraded database before reverting to previous version.
i do feel that would take it back but if not i lose both.
secondly if we all do that these errors will never get sorted, the CMS urlrewrite has already been sorted by jhnstcks and so slowly but surely we are getting there.
I do not expect everything to be smooth on such an upgrade, for some it will be smooth for others there will be issues.
Your probably right about needing to delete database before reverting back, but i got something resembling a site and if i do that i might lose everything. Its an option thou.
I would prefer to run with this and have SOLVED on the top of this discussion than just revert back too hastily

Two fixes found

Both are due to knowledge and expertise of jhnstcks who has been willing to look for ideas to fix these

For your cms redirection problem try this

Change the following line in htaccess

RewriteRule ^content/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*) /cms.php?isolang=$1&id;_cms=$2 [QSA,L]

Into:

RewriteRule ^content/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*) /cms.php?id_cms=$1 [QSA,L]

Paypal errors temp fix is - Rename paypal module ( i.e paypal1)
Move paypal module and paypalapi module from last version too modules folder
In back office find them in other modules
Set them as in previous version and you should get paypal working again

Both fixes found and shared by jhnstcks
Hope it helps someone

I got Fatal error (StockMvt -> id_stock_mvt_reason = -1) when removing HOME from a product while the main location for the product was in another subcategory and should not really be an issue.

got same error, I want to revert to previous version. How?

I got Fatal error (StockMvt -> id_stock_mvt_reason = -1) when removing HOME from a product while the main location for the product was in another subcategory and should not really be an issue.

got same error, I want to revert to previous version. How?

Check here for a temp fix..

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/97821/upgrading_prestashop/v1_dot_4_error_dot__dot__dot__fatal_error_stockmvt__id_stock_mvt_reason__1/

• 1 month later...

Hi

Do we know if V1.4.1 has fixed the payment modules. not sure if I dare install it to find out. I am still unable to get any customer to pay me in cheque or using paypal as I cannot configure details.

Starting to sell on Ebay a I need to get some money in.

I thought the reason 1.4 had some many test versions was to iron out bugs. Surely Payment modules should be high on the testing priority agenda.

yours frustrated

Hippooflove

Hi,
The payment modules are now working fine. Version 1.4.2 is about to be released so I advise you wait just a bit more before updating.

Also, it is always a good idea to have a complete backup of your shop before an upgrade, i.e. a copy of the PrestaShop folder and an export of your database.

Hi Thomas

How are they working fine? I cannot take any payments.

Have you a payPal module that is working okay?

I have now upgraded from 1.4.07 and 1.4.1 and have never had a working payment method as yet. not confident on the new version.

What is different about 1.4.2?

When is it released please?

regards

Barry

We have some reports of people having trouble with the PayPal module (including you, it seems!) but the module is working fine for most people at this time. That said, we want it to work in each and every case so updates for this module will be released, independently from the PrestaShop core releases.

• 1 month later...

Surprise Surprise - version 1.4.3 isn't any better - numerous SQL errors on update from 1.3.2, unable to edit or add customer addresses - payment modules fail with one page checkout enabled, numerous no-access on tabs owing to duplicate entries in database tables - and still no easy way to upgrade in sight!

The whole update process in Presta is so flaky - every time.