Add to Cart: Max. Quantity ERROR

Hi,

We are working on some test sites to get ready for a full blown upgrade of our shop from 1.2.5 to 1.4 final.

We were able to successfully complete the upgrade process without any errors... and everything works as far as logging in, new registrations, products, etc.

However, we've run into 1 major problem... in the front office when we add a product to the cart we keep getting this error: "You already have the maximum quantity available for this product."

Adding products to the wishlist sometimes works but most times nothing loads... and when it does products w/o attributes appear with the same set of attributes that are completely different from the product type.

It seems like an AJAX problem? I also suspect it has something to do with the new Stock Movement feature.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I haven't really found a solution for this problem... however, there is one thing I did notice.

When I was getting this error I was on one of my of Windows Server test sites. When I moved it to my linux host it worked fine. Our final setup is on a linux machine almost identical to our test host, so we are confident it will work.

I should mention that other than the windows vs linux difference, the windows machine was running php5.3 and the linux machine was running php5.2. Not sure exactly what is causing this error... but my bet is on the php versions rather than the OS difference, as I've ran (live shops) on a windows setup for older PS versions.

HTH!