Prestashop 1.4 Stable Install Problems - cant load front office home page

I've just re-installed to 1.4 and the installation went through without a problem, but I cant see the front office index page - I'm recieving a 500 error.

I've checked the permissions on all the folders stated in the installation instructions and have also checked the memory size in my php ini file which is set at 128MB. The backoffice works fine I can see all the modules in the modules page, and all the images look like they are correct but I cant see the index.php page on my front office.

I can navigate to all the other pages by changing the URL, but the homepage won't load.

The message I get from firefox when it gives up says "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete." Is this a bug or a setup problem?

I've also checked that there is no re-directs setup on the server and that the Back Office re-direct is set to the root directory (/) where my files are located.

Here is my config info in case its a compatability problem:
Prestashop Version: 1.4.0.17
Server information: Windows NT build 3790 (Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition Service Pack 2) i586
Server software Version: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
PHP Version: 5.3.5
MySQL Version: 5.1.32-community

Any help would be appreciated?

Has anyone resolved this yet?
I continue to repeat the same bug after my 3rd time installing!!!!
I've tied up a lot of time into this, can we have a developer look into this, or direct us the the resolved thread?

I had 1.3.7 working just fine and now the update won't allow me to see the front office...

I don't believe it's been solved.

I have the exact same issue. Installed 1.3.7 and it was working like a charm and now with version 1.4, I can't load the front office home page.

I am really at a stand still until this issue gets resolved.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...