[SOLVED] :D Website displays well in Google Chrome, But IE, it DOESNT. Thanks

hi all, i have been editing my website the other day, mainly editing links within the website.

Below is a link in google chrome, Which displays it all well as i want it.

http://img204.imageshack.us/i/goodonchrome.png/

Now i tried this out in internet explorer and it appeared like this :/

http://img843.imageshack.us/i/badonie.png/

Now im after all your help in what i can do :/

I spent a good amount of time changing all the links as i wanted them so that they would underline apon hovering over and this seems to have messed up the display on ie.

Please help all.

many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Ryan

Its to do with the theme your using.

If you've created the css yourself, explorer requires absolute references to files, so dont use ../img/x.png use /img/x.png

Its either not finding all your images, or not finding the css file at all, I think its the latter...

thanks for the reply.

All was created by others and was all working okay.

The other day i was editing the hyperlinks within each pages.

I then looked apon my website on ie and its displayed as shown :/

Thankyou very much for your reply but im really hoping someone can tell me how i can correct this issue.

If anyone needs the website online, let me know or paste your ip's and ill allow you to view (feel free to pm)

All much much appreciated,

Many thanks indeed all

ill try and upgrade my ie as i believe its an old one.

Then ill post the results here.

Thanks for the help and input :)

EDIT

all the html links work as i have tested all on Google Chrome.

Updates my ie to latest version and still no luck, displays pictures down in a row as shown in image.

Please help please

thanks

hi all, little update.

I was in contact with hostgator, and they stated this about my website

' It appears all your links and images align in the center for IE and Fire Fox.'

How would i go about sorting this out as it does appear it all went wrong when i started editing my links within the page.

Origionally, my links were all underlined and i edited this so that the links were only underlined when hovering over.

I edited all this is the .css i believe.

as I said before check your css/html is correct. Just because it works in chrome doesn't mean it's correct.

things that influence alignment:

float, text-align and parent divs. If you don't know what I'm talking about then noone can help you beyond what's been said already. You'll have to get someone who knows what their doing to fix your site.

Do you have a sample of what the code was before and after the edit? Do you have a backup of the file you were editing before you started the edits? Do you remember what you changed so you can undo? Are you sure the site was displaying correctly in IE8, FF, and Chrome before the change?

Would have checked but your site is in maintenance mode,

You css file does not get loaded to IE. Check that there aint any crap before this will cause 100% sure fail in IE. Also about the images someone said earlier. The image paths do not need to be absolute. They need to be relative to path of css file or use absolute. But they dont need to be absolute.

You should actually move it out from <head> Looks like it is somewhat important for your design. You know that better than I do :)

If it is important piece of your design.. move to other place.. but test first just by removing it. But that is illegal element in the head and it is open. Both will cause problems.

But I'm off for longer time, test and see what happens. First remove it and then do magic.. but looks like it would be the first element after <head> tag. Am not sure.

#Update

For more help... join #css at freenode.net irc network. There are plenty of guys who will help. It is not directly a css issue, but should help. This is not a prestashop problem. html and css issue more of.

IE does not fix your html, Firefox and Chrome as example try to fix the errors.

I 've a problem in using IE and read three pages in this thread.

You should have backup, you just need to compare files with date showed lately modified by you within the theme in the server. You'll find which one you edited. Then, upload those file back to website. Hope this could help.

Or, simply, uploading those files in the theme directory should not harm at all.

i think you need to do is:
copy the entire prestashop header from default theme, and paste in the header.tpl of your theme

from {hook header} to top

and see if this solve the problem

tried copying it all from the prestashop normal to the header.tpl of my custom mod.

What do you mean from {hook header} to top?

thanks

those files in the linkpage belongs to the theme prestashop, the default orginal theme.

Like someone asked you to use the header.tpl before. then it is
http://svn.prestashop.com/branches/1.3.x/themes/prestashop/header.tpl

for your reference
Its not easy to get all files, if you have time, study to use this software to download file from svn
google : windows get svn
and you will get
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/

Show the HTML source of the home page. e.g. press Ctrol-U in browser(firefox)
Copy the whole page.
Paste to your html editor with color. it will highlight what is wrong.

Or, attach the html file here, someone may help you.

In quick recovery, you just need to upload the "themes" directory from backup to server.

By the way, your domain name makes me deem that you're selling technology.

• 1 month later...
Show the HTML source of the home page. e.g. press Ctrol-U in browser(firefox)
Copy the whole page.
Paste to your html editor with color. it will highlight what is wrong.

I have a similar problem, and I know what part to delete from my source, but....
When I press Ctrl-U in Firefox, I get the source. I can copy/open it in Dreamweaver or Notepad++ to edit the source, but then what...? I'll have to save the edited source, but where should I save it to replace my site's source with the edited source?

Problably very simple, but I'm still new in this world :-)