NEW install, NOT upgrade, but still KEEP PRODUCTS ??

Hello.

New question.
If i want to make a new clean install, that means, i delete all files in my Prestashop on my server.
And then upload new files ver 1.1 and installs from beginning.

So the question, can i just re-upload some of my old files again after that, to get my products back into the catalog?
I would like to not have to redo all those products i have done already.

OR, i never deleted my old ver 1.0 install, just renamed it with OLD_*** and uploaded and upgraded ver 1.1.
Can i rename my new ver 1.1 to OLD and rename my old ver 1.0 install back to its original name and go back to use that version since it works?

Thanks for your time.

Peter

Deleting your current files and uploading new files will not let you run a clean install as the installation will detect the existing database filled with you products.
You can run an update following the wiki: http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Getting_Started/#Update_PrestaShop
This will save your database and thus you products.

It would be wise to delete all the languages except France and English and uninstall most of the modules before you do the upgrade.

Did I mention that a full back-up of your database and "old" files would be wise? :smirk:

Good luck!

Thanks.

My main goal for this is to get a proper working shop.
If you have seen my other post about pictures not showing correct on products page, and a few other bugs.
Those problems is what i would hope to solve by doing this new install/upgrade.

i don't wanna go trough the upgrade just to find my self with the same problems again.
But i will give your idea a go and see what it can result in.

Thanks
Peter