Customer password reset doesn't work

Moryl

Good morning,
I just upgraded Prestashop from 1.6 to 1.7 but I'm experiencing a lot of problems... My customers can't log in to their account because the web site says that the password is incorrect.
Even if they try to reset it, they can't because the link that prestashop sent trhough email expires immediatelly. I tried to set it the parameter in BO from 360 min to 1000 min or more but I have the same problem.
Is there anyone that can help me solving this bug please?
Thanks in advice!

BUG password.png

Edited by Moryl (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

There is a _COOKIE_KEY_ in PrestaShop that is used to encrypt the password before saving them to the database. The _COOKIE_KEY_ for each PrestaShop installation. The _COOKIE_KEY_ is unique for each and every PrestaShop installation.

You can find the _COOKIE_KEY_ in following paths:

/app/config/parameters.php (in PrestaShop 1.7) /config/settings.inc.php (in PrestaShop 1.6)

You should set the passwords for your users on your new PrestaShop 1.7 store again using the updated _COOKIE_KEY_

You can take a look at Tools::encrypt() function to find out how it is encrypted.

Note: This _COOKIE_KEY_ is called 'secret' in PrestaShop 1.7

Source: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42293744/migrate-customers-to-prestashop-1-7

Edited by AZIIZ (see edit history)

• 7 months later...

For me, the solution was this:

In my ps_configuration table, the id_shop_group and id_shop columns where NULL where the name column was 'PS_PASSWD_RESET_VALIDITY'.

This looked odd to me, so I changed both the id_shop_group and id_shop values to 1 (appropriate for my Prestashop configuration), and instantly the password reset link worked - no more expired links!

• 1 year later...

Good afternoon,

I'm having a similar issue on my site powered with Prestashop 1.7.

When entering a customer email on the "recover your password" field, a disclamer states that the email has been sent but it has not...nothing enters to any inbox

I've tried to look for the file PS_PASSWD_RESET_VALIDITY in my database but it is not there...

Thanks in advance

customer-password-request.JPG

we-have-sent-email.jpg

On 4/17/2021 at 12:04 PM, Marjeting94 said:

Good afternoon,

I'm having a similar issue on my site powered with Prestashop 1.7.

When entering a customer email on the "recover your password" field, a disclamer states that the email has been sent but it has not...nothing enters to any inbox

I've tried to look for the file PS_PASSWD_RESET_VALIDITY in my database but it is not there...

Thanks in advance

Hello,
Did you check into your Spam folder ?
Normally, if the website have a broblem sending Mails it will show you an error messasge, and that's not your case. Sometimes, if your web hosting does not have the DKIM option when sending emails, they will go directly to the spam folder.

23 minutes ago, AZIIZ said:

Hello,
Did you check into your Spam folder ?
Normally, if the website have a broblem sending Mails it will show you an error messasge, and that's not your case. Sometimes, if your web hosting does not have the DKIM option when sending emails, they will go directly to the spam folder.

Hi Aziiz, thanks for your answer. 

Considering your suggestion I tested with another mail and got the link to regenerate the password correctly. 

However, problems persist as you can see in the image attached.

image.thumb.png.15fc7dcf9bdc3c13418e035119c18e3f.png

29 minutes ago, Marjeting94 said:

Hi Aziiz, thanks for your answer. 

Considering your suggestion I tested with another mail and got the link to regenerate the password correctly. 

However, problems persist as you can see in the image attached.

image.thumb.png.15fc7dcf9bdc3c13418e035119c18e3f.png

maybe you can find the solution here :

or here : 

Telle me if it works ;)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AZIIZ said:

maybe you can find the solution here :

or here : 

Telle me if it works ;)

Hey! Thank you very much!

This one worked!

it took me some time to find the correct files in the FTP

PasswordController.php is located in www/controllers/front/PasswordController.php

Password-new.tpl is located in www/themes/classic/templates/customer/password-new.tpl

Thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, Marjeting94 said:

Hey! Thank you very much!

This one worked!

it took me some time to find the correct files in the FTP

PasswordController.php is located in www/controllers/front/PasswordController.php

Password-new.tpl is located in www/themes/classic/templates/customer/password-new.tpl

Thanks a lot!

I'm glat that it workd, 
you are welcome ;)