New PrestaShop user upgrading from 1.4.0.14 to 1.4.0.15

Hi, I am in the process of building my first store using PrestaShop, I have just updated from version 1.4.0.14 to 1.4.0.15 following the instructions in the wiki and all seemed to go well. There are a few questions I have about the upgrade, as I am not sure what happens at the end of the process.

1) I made a backup of the PrestShop folders and files which are in the root directory.
2) I uploaded the new PrestaShop files to a new directory, copied the contents of my /img folder to the new builds /img folder, copied my /download folder and finally the settings.inc.php file as instructed.
3) Added install to the new directory and Update was selected for me at the beginning of the process.
4) The update process completed successfully and I was taken back to my original root URL where my store is located.
5) Entered the backend admin area and it still says that the PrestaShop Version is 1.4.0.14
6) If I enter the URL of the new directory it defaults back to the correct URL.
7) Should I now delete the directory where the updated files are installed as well as the backup copy of my PrestaShop folder.

I am very new to PrestaShop and now somewhat confused as to what actually happened during the upgrade process.

Thank you for you help

Keith