Hide prices for visitors and manually authorise new customers?

I'm working on a wholesale site and my client wants prices to remain hidden for visitors that aren't logged in to an account, and he also wants to manually activate or validate new accounts that are created. I'd rather avoid modules, and also I'd prefer to find a solution through childthemeing.

I've looked around for a while and so far I've seen how in prestashop 1.7 I can make accounts be inactive instead of active when they are created, but the problem with the solution I found for that half of my question is it consists in altering classes/Customer.php, which I think would mean every time prestashop is updated the change would be overwritten, since it's in one of the root folders and not in the childtheme.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

we have 'famous module' for this...actually first module I ever produced years ago...used by lots of customers with exact requirements you describe.

https://www.prestaheroes.com/en-us/modules/private-shop/private-shop-authorized-clients-only-shopping

or on addon's

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/private-sales-flash-sales/28906-private-shop-authorized-clients-only.html

let me know if you have any questions

happy selling, el

2 minutes ago, El Patron said:

we have 'famous module' for this...actually first module I ever produced years ago...used by lots of customers with exact requirements you describe.

https://www.prestaheroes.com/en-us/modules/private-shop/private-shop-authorized-clients-only-shopping

or on addon's

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/private-sales-flash-sales/28906-private-shop-authorized-clients-only.html

let me know if you have any questions

happy selling, el

Thanks!

I've already seen your module when I was searching for info...but like I said in my question I'd rather figure out how to code it manually, not just because I'm broke, but because I want to take any chance I get to learn more.

I've found out how I could potentially solve the manually activating customer accounts issue by changing a line of code in customer.php, but the problem with that solution is it won't be permanent since it's not in the child theme. Do you know of any way around that?

When it comes to hiding prices to visitors I have no clue how to go about it yet, but I'll start googling it in a few minutes, but if you have any ideas that'd be great.

Thanks again!

we use 'catalog' mode switch,  i.e. non-logged puts ps into catalog mode...so all modules/themes etc work naturally as  it's part of native. this is simplest method that works with existing modules/themes, i.e. they code for catalog mode and act accordingly.

you issue now will be hiding prices when non-logged/disabled new account....

my idea is not to try and re-invent the wheel.

happy googling

40 minutes ago, El Patron said:

we use 'catalog' mode switch,  i.e. non-logged puts ps into catalog mode...so all modules/themes etc work naturally as  it's part of native. this is simplest method that works with existing modules/themes, i.e. they code for catalog mode and act accordingly.

you issue now will be hiding prices when non-logged/disabled new account....

my idea is not to try and re-invent the wheel.

happy googling

Thanks man!

Your message got me tinkering with the dashboard options in prestashop and I figured out that if I go to shopparameters>clientadjustments>groups I could change the options on visitors to not be able to see prices. Now I just have to resolve the whole issue with having customer accounts not be activated automatically, but manually. Any ideas on that front?