Hi, my server has been upgraded to php7.2 and my Prestashop web pages has gone blank. That means no backoffice where I can use 1-click upgrade addons in previous version of Prestashop.
Is it still possible to upgrade to latest PSversion that handles php7.2 without loosing everything I already have on my site?

Edited by [email protected] (see edit history)

An upgrade from, I guess form 1.6 to 1.7, is never without any risk and it's highly likely that you will face lots of problems. So for heavens sake, make a full backup of everything, the entire shop data and, of course, the data base before updating or anything else.

I haven't made any update from 1.6 to 1.7 via FTP yet and also due my bad experience with 1.7 I would recommend:
1) If your shop is 1.6.1contact the hosting service so that they change your php back to 7.0 which runs without any issues on 1.6.1
2) If you are not able to go back to php 7.0 change your hosting service
3) If you can't go back to php 7.0 and wont change your host, install a clean 1.7 import your data base (https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/keeping-up-to-date/migration/) and start from scratch.

• 1 year later...
On 12/14/2018 at 2:45 AM, NSN said:

An upgrade from, I guess form 1.6 to 1.7, is never without any risk and it's highly likely that you will face lots of problems. So for heavens sake, make a full backup of everything, the entire shop data and, of course, the data base before updating or anything else.

I haven't made any update from 1.6 to 1.7 via FTP yet and also due my bad experience with 1.7 I would recommend:
1) If your shop is 1.6.1contact the hosting service so that they change your php back to 7.0 which runs without any issues on 1.6.1
2) If you are not able to go back to php 7.0 change your hosting service
3) If you can't go back to php 7.0 and wont change your host, install a clean 1.7 import your data base (https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/keeping-up-to-date/migration/) and start from scratch.

it worked ! thanks