single store to multi store

mark-b

Hi all,

I have a Question, we want to change our existing website from single domain to multi domains (to multistore). we had: doemain.com/fr/ /de/ /it/ etc etc (Prestashop version 1.6)

My question is, do we have to redirect every single old url to new domain or does prestashop generate the redirects from old url to new url automatic? (our site has 13 languages)

Edited by mark-b (see edit history)

Hello:

Prestashop allows you to configure a name for every secondary shop (eg. .../spain/, .../italy/) but besides Prestashop generate automatically a language path in your URL. So if you create a secondary shop for spain and you have english and spanish as language in that specific shop you will have domain.com/spain/es and domain.com/spain/en

Regards

question? :  will you be sharing all products/categories/customers etc?  if so we have a  MultiShop module that will allow you to run multiple domains sharing everything but the domains main configuration default valued.  learn more here.  No rewrites required.

https://www.prestaheroes.com/en-us/prestashop-geo-localization-solutions/prestashop-multistore-multishop-pro

those are not ccTLDs in language...those are just languages...

I think what you are wanting then is /en-us/ in language part of url...which is much better than a multishop, learn more here (yea we already did that too)..

https://www.prestaheroes.com/en-us/prestashop-geo-localization-solutions/prestashop-module-seo-friendly-language-url-pro

to be honest?  using ccTLD's has no where near the seo that it used to.  that is why we see major websites like azure using /lang-country/ in url

Hello

I have one prestashop running with all products

for example - a.com

I also have domains b.com and c.com for example

the domains b.com and c.com are directed to a.com via the host

prestashop has a multistore called b.com, which when b.com redirected, it looks like the a.com store with b.com url

c.com is not a prestashop multistore, so when c.com redirects, it simply shows up as a.com

so therefore, while I only edit 1 store, all stores update.

I do have child themes for a.com and b.com, so the face it different, different logos, different emails, etc, but base date is common.

Is this what you are looking for.