Question 1: I would like to know which version of PS1.7.x is the most compatible with PS1.6.0.9 Bootstrap (default) theme and Paypal Express plugin works after the upgrade?

Question 2: If PS1.7 does not work, which version of PS1.6.x should I upgrade to?

I'm currently on PS1.6.0.9 and using UK version of the default PayPal module

I'd upgraded to 1.7.4.4, using 1-click upgrade, the installation was successful but couldn't get the PayPal module to work even though it said the setup wasn successful and the PHP on cPanel has been changed to the required 5.6 version.  So I restored my site back to PS1.6.0.9

Edited by Ms_L (see edit history)

Hi, I recommend 'highly' the latest version of 1.7.

let's see if I can answer if not all most of your questions:

Question 1: I would like to know which version of PS1.7.x is the most compatible with PS1.6.0.9 Bootstrap (default) theme and Paypal Express plugin works after the upgrade?

latest 1.7.(now .4)

Question 2: If PS1.7 does not work, which version of PS1.6.x should I upgrade to?

do not recommend

I'm currently on PS1.6.0.9 and using UK version of the default PayPal module

PayPal is supported in 1.7, you will need to uninstall/delete 1.6 module before upgrade then load the 1.7 compatible module.

I'd upgraded to 1.7.4.4, using 1-click upgrade, the installation was successful but couldn't get the PayPal module to work even though it said the setup wasn successful and the PHP on cPanel has been changed to the required 5.6 version.  So I restored my site back to PS1.6.0.9

PayPal is supported in 1.7, you will need to uninstall/delete 1.6 module before upgrade then load the 1.7 compatible module.

note:  before using upgrade, 1) make copy of your shop to perform upgrade first 2)  uninstall/delete all 3rd party modules in your 1.6 shop, they won't work in 1.7 and can cause issues post upgrade if you leave them (read they 'will' cause issues).  3) after upgrade install/configure the 1.7 modules that you need.

happy PrestaShopping, el

• Like 1

El Patron,

Thank you for your advice. Greatly appreciate your input.

I didn't have any 3rd party module on my PS1.6.0.9, the PayPal module i had on PS1.6.0.9 is by PrestaShop. I used the one-click upgrade function yet all the CMS pages did not show after the upgrade.  Anyway, I'd rolled back to PS1.6.0.9 and now thinking of redoing my site from scratch on PS1.7.4.4. Yes, I'll make a copy of my site to rebuild on PS1.7.4.4

1) I read from other users that there were numerous issues after upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7.  Would it be easier to just build the site from scratch on 1.7? What issues would I face if I build my site from scratch on PS1.7.4.4? Or What is your advice in this regard?

2) Is it easy or possible to import the customer database i.e. account details and orders history on csv file format to PS1.7.4.4?

3) I noted the system requirement by PS1.7 is PHP5.6.  https://www.prestashop.com/en/system-requirements  What is the optimum PHP version for PS1.7.4.4? 

Hi,  

) I read from other users that there were numerous issues after upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7.  Would it be easier to just build the site from scratch on 1.7? not really  What issues would I face if I build my site from scratch on PS1.7.4.4? you want to keep all the old urls from scratch not sure that will happen then you would needs rewrites for old to new urls....Or What is your advice in this regard?

2) Is it easy or possible to import the customer database i.e. account details and orders history on csv file format to PS1.7.4.4?  not very easy

3) I noted the system requirement by PS1.7 is PHP5.6.  https://www.prestashop.com/en/system-requirements  What is the optimum PHP version for PS1.7.4.4? PHP 7.2 recommended

I think if you do upgrade and trouble shoot any issues you might have, i.e. CMS pages for example.  You may want to consider having someone do the upgrade for you then you can make all the finsishing touches only if you continue to have issues.  But autoupgrade is best bet.

On 11/20/2018 at 12:15 AM, El Patron said:

Hi,  

) I read from other users that there were numerous issues after upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7.  Would it be easier to just build the site from scratch on 1.7? not really  What issues would I face if I build my site from scratch on PS1.7.4.4? you want to keep all the old urls from scratch not sure that will happen then you would needs rewrites for old to new urls....Or What is your advice in this regard?

2) Is it easy or possible to import the customer database i.e. account details and orders history on csv file format to PS1.7.4.4?  not very easy

3) I noted the system requirement by PS1.7 is PHP5.6.  https://www.prestashop.com/en/system-requirements  What is the optimum PHP version for PS1.7.4.4? PHP 7.2 recommended

I think if you do upgrade and trouble shoot any issues you might have, i.e. CMS pages for example.  You may want to consider having someone do the upgrade for you then you can make all the finsishing touches only if you continue to have issues.  But autoupgrade is best bet.

Hi El Patron, 

Thanks again for your advice. The PS1.6.0.9. I currently have is running on PHP 5.5 version (PS1.6.0.9 doesn't fully work on PHP 7+)and I noted you recommended 1.7.4.4 be run on PHP 7.2.

Should I change the PHP on my cPanel to PHP 7.2 BEFORE using the 1-ClickUpgrade while on PS1.6.0.9 or only change it to PHP 7.2 AFTER the upgrade to PS1.7.4.4 has been completed?

8 hours ago, Ms_L said:

Hi El Patron, 

Thanks again for your advice. The PS1.6.0.9. I currently have is running on PHP 5.5 version (PS1.6.0.9 doesn't fully work on PHP 7+)and I noted you recommended 1.7.4.4 be run on PHP 7.2.

Should I change the PHP on my cPanel to PHP 7.2 BEFORE using the 1-ClickUpgrade while on PS1.6.0.9 or only change it to PHP 7.2 AFTER the upgrade to PS1.7.4.4 has been completed?

no, do not change your php settings until after upgrade.  But remember you should be doing this on a subdomain (or test copy of your shop).  If  you run autoupgrade on production shop make sure to do a manual backup via hosting first.  But preferable to build a test copy of your shop to run autoupgrade to find any issues.  Most often if the upgrade worked on test copy we then would make another copy of production and install the test copy.  

Happy PrestaShopping

• Like 1