Update 1.3 theme to 1.4 (Smarty3): Error jquery.easing.1.3.js

Hi all,

I'm updating my own theme used in 1.3.5 to make it compatible with 1.4.0.13 (RC4) with Smarty3.

After a big headache I managed to gradually modify the prestashop default theme 1.4.0.13 (RC4) to update my own theme 100% compatible with 1.4 and Smarty3.
All pages I had tested works fine and works without any problem on Opera, Firefox and Chrome but on iexplorer page loads fine but I get the error:

'jQuery' is not defined.
jquery.easing.1.3.js

error-11.jpg

I'm sorry image is in spanish, i'm from Barcelona.
If anyone has encountered this issue and / or knows something to fix it tell me I'll be very grateful.

Greetings!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your answers!
I'm sorry about reply too late, I 've been into work travel with no free time...

By the time I can't put the reference to the base jquery library earlier... Every modification that I tested has not modifyed the positon of the reference to the base jquery library in the generated page's code.

Anybody knows any way to force it to apears upper in the generated pages?

Thanks all for sharing that insane amount of information! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey its worked. After upgrading shop from 1.3 to 1.4 the shop was giving jquery error. I just changed the “jquery-1.2.6.pack.js” by “jquery-1.4.4.min.js” in the header.tpl and its working error free. Thank you so much.

• 3 weeks later...

I checked and mine is set to the correct one but im still getting this error

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Fri, 27 May 2011 05:49:37 UTC

Line: 13
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://www.apostolicco.com/js/jquery/jquery.easing.1.3.js

• 3 months later...

The fact is that you are using a mix of old and new js scripts together with a wrong links on header.tpl file (which is obviously coming from an old PS version, since it's part of your customized theme).

When updating from 1.3.x to 1.4.x, all what is inside your customized theme directory is 1.3.x while all the rest is 1.4.x.

To solve all sort of JS problem, do the following:

1. replace "themes/yourtheme/js" directory with the 1.4.x default one "themes/prestashop/js"

2. Open the 1.4.x header.tpl file (themes/prestashop/header.tpl) and copy from the first line down to the line where {$HOOK_HEADER} is.

3. Open "themes/yourtheme/header.tpl" file and replace the section from the first line down to the line where {$HOOK_HEADER} is with what you have copied in step 2.

Hope it helps.