Update process at 1 hour... still going

So yesterday I disabled my Prestashop 1.3.2.3 store and began the process of updating to 1.3.7.0. This is my first time ever updating Prestashop.

I followed all the instructions in the Wiki and made my way to Updating.

Prestashop Install successfully detected my older 1.3.2.3 installation, then proceed to Step 3, where I got green checks across the board. So I finally hit NEXT and the gray progress bar in the upper right corner began to run; meanwhile, the BACK/NEXT buttons are now grayed out.

I have now been sitting on this screen with a gray bar for over 1 hour, and so far, still no indication of whether or not is still working. The previous page had said the upgrade process should only take 5-15 MINUTES; I'm at 1 HOUR. Attempting to access my store yields the "Site Maintenance" message that I left it at before I started the upgrade. Also, attempting to access http://www.mysite.com/prestashop/admin yields the familiar "you must change the admin folder name to 'admin801'" message. I'm tempted to go ahead and change the admin folder name now to see if I can log in to Prestashop Back Office, but at the same time, I'm scared that it is still midway through updating either my files or my MySQL database.

So what should I do? Is it normal behavior to be at 1 hour??? Is it possible that the upgrade is complete but simply did not take me to the "Success" page? How long should a Prestashop update or upgrade take anyway? I'm planning to let it run overnight up to 4-5 hours, but after that, I'm going to have no choice but to try to get my store back online. Any help or insight into the update process would be appreciated.

no errors in the browser ::: only the gray bar turning and turning.

but just needs patience!

unfortunately I can tell if the browser refreshes by itself and confirming the update.
I minimized the window and by accident I quit the browser after some "hours"...

but everything is fine and working as we're used to!

I feel your pain :-) Same here...

I'm updating from 1.1.0.5 (yikes!) to 1.3.7 and the process has been running for a couple of hours now after I also restarted it because I thought it hung...
The process bar doesn't even move... it just shows the "rotating"-effect and there's no message for the estimated time... so I can't tell how it's processing... if ever.

I read somewhere that it might take 3 to 5 hours, depending on how fast the server is... :-/

Maybe someone with more experience could shed some light on this... it would be good to know the average time, even though I assume that everything will depend on a lot of factors... but a ball park figure would be interesting, so we don't desperate waiting :-)

• 4 weeks later...