'unable to update settings' when editing product problem

jobywood

I am not too sure if this is the right forum for this problem but i shall post it here anyway as i do not seem to have access to anywhere more fitting.

Unfortunately whenever i now try and update my existing products i get an error message 'unable to update settings'

I have discovered a way of fixing this but it is not ideal for me unfortunately. The way i have discovered is to remove all existing text from the 'summary' and 'description' fields and then retype the text but without anything 'extra' - that means no extra colours, no centering left or right, no bold type or anything!! 

Why should any of these minor alterations result in the dreaded 'unable to update settings' i do not know?

If anybody has any idea as to how i may go about trying to remedy these problems then could they please let me know?

Thank you.

Hi musicmaster,

many thanks for your response. Is this what you mean? I have opened java console in chrome and it says this when i am sitting on the page that i am currently trying to edit.

javeerror.jpg.548c3c075f50e5adcb17e6775a7d1f4f.jpg

I also tried fresh installing as i thought i might need to start over again due to possible file corruption or something, but it still gave us a similar error. We have been with our current host for a while now though and these errors have only just started to happen.

Thank you.

Edited by jobywood (see edit history)

I have found this problem to be intermittent now. Not too sure exactly what it is, but it could be a server side problem i suppose. When the error is occuring i have found that removing all formatting from the text will enable you to save your changes again however (obviously) without any formatting. 

I will try and close the thread for now anyway as it seems that it will eventually fix itself if you wait long enough for it. Thank you.

Edited by jobywood (see edit history)

• 8 months later...