Test site installation problems

Hi all - I am trying to install a test site on a subdomain.  I go through the whole install process, delete the install folder, access the back office and get 500 errors on almost every selection I try.  There were two cautions during the install - one referred to an internationalization package/update and the other wanted me to change something in the php.ini file - but I can't find a php.ini file (nor do I know what the change means).  Since the install said it was successful, I neglected to write down the warnings.  Any idea how I can fix this?

Have you successfully got any prestashop to run on your webspace? You may want to post the exact error message(s) here. For better support by the pro's (I'm not a pro) you can also enable the developer option, then try to access your backoffice and post the exact error message there which you will get.

The tag is located here:

config/defines.inc.php

Set this tag to from "false" to "true"

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

then try to log on and post error messages.

First superficial comment, potentially your php settings/privileges prevent you from executing prestashop, could be something to fix on the server by the hoster. But better wait for someone who knows more than me, to give you better guidance.

Hi sumsel - I do have a live site that is running PS 1.6 successfully.  There were some issues with the PHP version when I was first trying to install PS 1.7 but it was all updated by my hosting provider.  I'll try your suggestions and see what turns up.  Thanks!

I will delete the install and do a fresh install and this time write the errors down.

These are the caution messages that appear on installation.   I don't know if either one has any effect on the site's running, and I don't know where or how to make these changes.  I have confirmed with my hosting company that the server meets all the minimum requirements. 

• To get the latest internationalization data upgrade the ICU system package and the intl PHP extension.
  • Set short_open_tag to off in php.ini*.

• 2 weeks later...

OK - I've enabled error reporting, and after logging in to the back office, I get this message: /home/thesti6/public_html/testshop/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Session/Storage/Handler/StrictSessionHandler.php
[8] SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56) failed: Permission denied (13)  

and I get this when trying to access "products": 

(1/1) ContextErrorException

Notice: SessionHandler::gc(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56) failed: Permission denied (13)

in StrictSessionHandler.php line 101
at StrictSessionHandler->gc(1440)
at session_start()in classes.php line 141
at NativeSessionStorage->start()in classes.php line 236
at NativeSessionStorage->getBag('attributes')in classes.php line 605
at Session->getBag('attributes')in classes.php line 613
at Session->getAttributeBag()in classes.php line 515
at Session->get('_security_main')in ContextListener.php line 89
at ContextListener->handle(object(GetResponseEvent))in WrappedListener.php line 46
at WrappedListener->handle(object(GetResponseEvent))in TraceableFirewallListener.php line 35
at TraceableFirewallListener->handleRequest(object(GetResponseEvent), object(RewindableGenerator))in classes.php line 4999
at Firewall->onKernelRequest(object(GetResponseEvent))in FirewallListener.php line 48
at FirewallListener->onKernelRequest(object(GetResponseEvent), 'kernel.request', object(TraceableEventDispatcher))
at call_user_func(array(object(TraceableFirewallListener), 'onKernelRequest'), object(GetResponseEvent), 'kernel.request', object(TraceableEventDispatcher))in WrappedListener.php line 104
at WrappedListener->__invoke(object(GetResponseEvent), 'kernel.request', object(ContainerAwareEventDispatcher))
at call_user_func(object(WrappedListener), object(GetResponseEvent), 'kernel.request', object(ContainerAwareEventDispatcher))in classes.php line 3742
at EventDispatcher->doDispatch(array(object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener),object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener),object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener), object(WrappedListener)), 'kernel.request', object(GetResponseEvent))in classes.php line 3625
at EventDispatcher->dispatch('kernel.request', object(GetResponseEvent))in TraceableEventDispatcher.php line 139
at TraceableEventDispatcher->dispatch('kernel.request', object(GetResponseEvent))in classes.php line 4631
at HttpKernel->handleRaw(object(Request), 1)in classes.php line 4601
at HttpKernel->handle(object(Request), 1, false)in Kernel.php line 200

at Kernel->handle(object(Request), 1, false)in index.php line 88 

Can anyone help with how to fix any of these?

• 2 months later...