- Module improvement

v1.0.5-free-live-chat-please-unzip-to-use.zip

*Note: You need to login to download if it shows "Unavailable"

-------- Version 1.0.4 --------

v1.0.4-free-live-chat-please-unzip-to-use.zip

*Note: You need to login to download if it shows "Unavailable"

preview.thumb.jpg.530e1a91ba95d2d4ef525960da0c9691.jpg

OVERVIEW

Live Chat is a free PrestaShop live chat module that helps increase website conversion rates through click to chat, live customer support features. We make it simple for everyone to add live chat to their PrestaShop website.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Unlimited chats and free

With Live Chat Free you can chat with 100+ customers at the same time while occupying only a small amount of server resource.

Customize style

Select your shop logo, set mood text and customer avatar to match with your website theme.

Powerful performance

Custom refresh speed for both front end and back end, along with auto-optimize refresh speed option to ensure every chat session will be smooth and comfortable.

One-click to install

Easily install on your website, support multi-shop mode and multi-language.

Chat from anywhere

Chat with any visitor from your phone or desktop. Enjoy complete flexibility allowing you to travel while ensuring that your business is growing.

Self-hosted Chat service

A preeminent feature of this module is it directly uses your server resource without any third-party service to chat with your customers. Every data is stored on your server, totally secure and free, you don’t have to pay monthly fee for anyone. 

FEATURES

Chatbox design

• Custom text
  • Mood text
  • Shop logo, customer avatar

Performance

• Custom refresh speed for frontend
  • Custom refresh speed for backend
  • Auto-optimize refresh speed
  • Auto end chat when in-active

Other features

• Custom chat box fields
  • Clean-up (clean up your chat database)
  • Support multi-store mode
  • Support multi-language & RTL languages

GO PREMIUM

Live Chat Free offers what you need to engage your online customers in real time while creating a great customer experience. But if you want to fully manage and customize your chat box, let’s have a look at the advanced features included in our premium version of Live Chat and Ticketing System module.

live-chat-and-ticketing-system.thumb.jpg.ab501cfc405c160c0cb1f447b96907a0.jpg

Additional chat box design tools:

• Virtual chat box editor
  • Custom color
  • Operator avatar
  • Custom chat box width

Auto-optimize performance (focus on active chats):

Give active chats most resource and fast communication speed (Active chats are chatting sessions that both customer and operator are active) and try to turn off in-active chats or give in-active chats less treatment (lower chat speed).

Security options:

• Data validation
  • Anti-spam protection
  • Captcha

Other features:

• Custom online statuses & message delivery status
  • Notification
  • Google map and free Geo IP service
  • IP blacklist
  • Search chat history
  • Archived chats
  • Manually end chat or delete conversations

Support service:

After purchasing the premium version, you will have full support for any problems getting when install or use this module on your website.

Go premium now. Click here!

Edited by ets-soft
Re-upload version 1.0.7 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 5:06 PM, ortopediamimas said:

no deja activarlo en la 1.6.1.22

Gracias

Hola Ortopediamimas,

Gracias por probar nuestro módulo gratuito de chat en vivo. Lamento mucho los inconvenientes que ha experimentado. Nuestro personal de soporte ha probado en una tienda de demostración que ejecuta PrestaShop 1.6.1.22, pero el chat en vivo gratis aún se activa normalmente. ¿Podrías volver a instalar nuestro módulo en un nuevo sitio web de demostración?

picturemessage_vcqpyp4s_o33.thumb.png.ac5952093dd8e06ff8b610b3552b51a5.png

Cordial saludo.

Edited by ets-soft (see edit history)

On 11/21/2018 at 5:30 PM, NSN said:

I installed it on a demo shop which runs PS version 1.6.1.4 to give it a trial, but after installing it can't be activated.

Hello NSN,

Thank you for trying our free Live chat module. I really sorry about the inconvenience you experienced. Our support team has tested this module on a demo website running PrestaShop 1.6.1.4 and it can be activated normally.  Maybe you should try again with a fresh PrestaShop website (without any module or custom theme installed).

Please visit this topic often so you can download the latest release of our module.

Best regard.

Edited by ets-soft (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Hola buenas,

He estado probando su modulo para mi multitienda prestashop y me ha surgido un error.

En cuanto al BackOffice el modulo funciona perfectamente, lo instalo estando en "todas las tiendas" y puedo cambiar cualquier detalle de la configuración para cada tienda especifica y se mantiene, aquí no hay problema.

El problema me ha surgido en el FrontOffice ya que el chat solo se muestra en la tienda principal y en las otras no muestra nada.

He comprobado que el modulo esté activo en todas las tiendas y que los hooks estuvieran bien en todas las tiendas y parece que el fallo no está aquí.

Muchas gracias por la ayuda!

Versión del modulo: 1.0.5

Versión prestashop: 1.7.4.2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2019 at 7:19 AM, akps1234 said:

Hi ets-soft.
The module is great.
We'll be definitely looking to purchase the Pro version later on.
In the meantime, we'd like to make the customer chatbox draggable.
Can you advise?

Thanks.

Hello,

On the front office, visitor can drag and drop the chatbox to anywhere they want. This feature is available on the latest version of Live chat and Ticketing system module (the premium version of this free module). You can visit our demo site to check it out.

My best regard.

Hello,

The Module is great and working fine so far, but I'm getting two errors, one in back end and one in front and, both are about mixed content.

Back End Error- Loading mixed (insecure) display content “http://web.prestahero.com/chung/ps1722/modules/ets_livechat/views/sound/sound3.mp3” on a secure page
index.php
HTTP load failed with status 404. Load of media resource http://web.prestahero.com/chung/ps1722/modules/ets_livechat/views/sound/sound3.mp3 failed.

I'm not sure from where the “http://web.prestahero.com" is coming as this is not my website domain.

Front End Error (Appears after replying to a chat message) the employee avatar image is not loading over https, thus getting mix content warning on the front end as well.

Hope these are easy fixes and resolved soon.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kindest Regards

Zameer

Hello again!

One more question, which file should I edit to move the chat icon to the bottom right corner? Please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards

Zameer

On 7/21/2019 at 5:57 AM, Sew Sweetly said:

Hello again!

One more question, which file should I edit to move the chat icon to the bottom right corner? Please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards

Zameer

Hello, Sew Sweetly.

Thank you so much for downloading and using our Live chat free module. We're sorry for the problem you encountered while using Live chat free.

We have updated version 1.0.6 of Live chat free module, including the bug fix for notification sound error. Please download the latest version and install it on your website. 

Regarding the front end error, we hope that you could give us more information about this problem. Please send us some screenshots of the error notification, they will help our support staff understand your problem better.

Finally, if you want to edit the CSS file to display chat icon to the bottom right corner, please edit on this file: "ets_livechat_free/view/css/livechat.css". We recommend you to use Live chat and Ticketing system module - the premium version of Live chat free module. Using the premium version, you can drag and drop the chat icon to anywhere you want without having to edit a CSS file.

My best regard.

Hello,

Thank you so much for the quick fix, it fixed the back end problem.

I'll defiantly consider to upgrade to the pro version

Please see the attached screenshot, when an employee reply to a customer, the employee's profile pic is fetched from the Prestashop forum over http instead https.

I've noticed one more problem, when an employee reply to a customer, the customer gets an email intently with the chat message, the email should only be sent if the customer is offline and don't get the chat message.

Hope that makes sense.

The module is GREAT and I really appreciate your hard work.

Kindest regards

Zameer

Capture.JPG

On 7/22/2019 at 9:21 AM, Sew Sweetly said:

Hello,

Thank you so much for the quick fix, it fixed the back end problem.

I'll defiantly consider to upgrade to the pro version

Please see the attached screenshot, when an employee reply to a customer, the employee's profile pic is fetched from the Prestashop forum over http instead https.

I've noticed one more problem, when an employee reply to a customer, the customer gets an email intently with the chat message, the email should only be sent if the customer is offline and don't get the chat message.

Hope that makes sense.

The module is GREAT and I really appreciate your hard work.

Kindest regards

Zameer

Capture.JPG

Hello,

Thank you for the detailed feedback. Our developers will start working on this problem and hopefully, an updated version will be released soon.

Please looking forward to our future update and thank you again for using Live Chat free module. 

My best regard. 

16 hours ago, Micmic3311 said:

Hi, great module,

I've installed the free version it's perfect

Best regard,

Thank you so much for downloading and using our Live Chat free module. If you have any question about this module, feel free to contact us.

My best regard.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hola, instale el chat y estoy teniendo dos problemas. El primero es que en el back office no me aparece ningun lugar donde contestar los mensajes que me mandan, adjunto captura del backoffice. y segundo, el icono del chat aparece en el margen medio-derecho de la tienda. Hay alguna posibilidad de que aparezca en el margen inferior derecho ? Muchas gracias

Captura de pantalla (86).png

On 12/1/2019 at 12:06 AM, leonardomarinio said:

Hola, instale el chat y estoy teniendo dos problemas. El primero es que en el back office no me aparece ningun lugar donde contestar los mensajes que me mandan, adjunto captura del backoffice. y segundo, el icono del chat aparece en el margen medio-derecho de la tienda. Hay alguna posibilidad de que aparezca en el margen inferior derecho ? Muchas gracias

Captura de pantalla (86).png

Hola,

Muchas gracias por descargar nuestro módulo gratuito de chat en vivo.

Como probé en mi sitio localhost con Live chat gratuito versión 1.0.6, la lista de chat todavía se muestra normalmente (http://prntscr.com/q4svpo). Reinicie o reinstale nuestro módulo, borre la memoria caché del navegador y vea si todo se muestra normalmente.

Acerca del icono de chat en la front-office, en esta versión gratuita, el chat en vivo no admite un icono de chat arrastrable. Esta función está disponible en el Live Chat and Ticketing System (una versión premium de este módulo). Puede actualizar a la versión premium para disfrutar de todas las funciones avanzadas del módulo de chat en vivo.

Mis mejores deseos.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I love your chat box online module. For now, i use free module version. It's powerull for my smal company, but I find one problem. 

I cant translate one of the word: "Start chatting!". Is this translate blcoked in free version of module or somethong is wrong in my files?

I wolul glad of your answer.

Please, look at this image:

chat.jpg

7 hours ago, Maryjan said:

Hello, I love your chat box online module. For now, i use free module version. It's powerull for my smal company, but I find one problem. 

I cant translate one of the word: "Start chatting!". Is this translate blcoked in free version of module or somethong is wrong in my files?

I wolul glad of your answer.

Please, look at this image:

chat.jpg

Hello Maryjan,

Thank you so much for downloading and using our Live Chat free module.

We have just updated a new version for Live Chat free module, including the bug fix for translation problem. You can download and use the latest version of Live Chat free module now.

Please copy your pl.php file and paste to /translation folder of the new version menu to preserve all of your Polish translation. If you have any more question, feel free to contact me.

My best regard.

• Thanks 1

You are so fast;)

Thank you for answering and fixing the problem with translation... but is it possible that you have made a mistake with your zip. file upload?

After installation the new module 1.7 I have got the sam problem - translation of the word: "Start chatting!" doesn't work and in the module manager is still 1.6 version.

modulae-manager.thumb.JPG.3db7eb9b9d4772fe686efed2fa0083e3.JPG

I have compared both versions (1.6 vs 1.7) of this module and they look the same.

Please, look at the screeanshot below:

diff-file.thumb.JPG.efd1d9e374c0469421a3ce74f93dadbd.JPG

Best

Edited by Maryjan (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Maryjan said:

You are so fast;)

Thank you for answering and fixing the problem with translation... but is it possible that you have made a mistake with your zip. file upload?

After installation the new module 1.7 I have got the sam problem - translation of the word: "Start chatting!" doesn't work and in the module manager is still 1.6 version.

modulae-manager.thumb.JPG.3db7eb9b9d4772fe686efed2fa0083e3.JPG

I have compared both versions (1.6 vs 1.7) of this module and they look the same.

Please, look at the screeanshot below:

diff-file.thumb.JPG.efd1d9e374c0469421a3ce74f93dadbd.JPG

Best

Hello,

We've re-upload the install package for version 1.0.7. Please check it out again.

My best regard.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, thank You for great job!

I installed the newest version but I have an issue. All time, chat from customer, from homepage is showing as offline. I have changed status on busy or offline and again on online but nothing happend. Still offile. I checked this on Chrome and Egde browser. I cleaned cache too. 

Can anyone help me to solve this issue? What was happend?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello there, 

In first place, thank you for this magnificent module. However i can't make it run!

I'm runnuing prestashop 1.7.6.3

Everytime, on page load, the module gives error 500 in the browser dev screen, and the chat doesn't shows up. What could be the problem?

Thanks 

error500.PNG

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, F.E.A.M said:

Hello,

How can I chat with visitors from my phone?

Hello,

Thank you for using our Live Chat Free module.

To chat with visitors from your phone, please open the web browser on your phone and log into the Back office of your PrestaShop website. You will be able to chat with visitors via your phone.

My best regard.

On 8/3/2020 at 9:54 AM, ets-soft said:

Hello,

Thank you for using our Live Chat Free module.

To chat with visitors from your phone, please open the web browser on your phone and log into the Back office of your PrestaShop website. You will be able to chat with visitors via your phone.

My best regard.

Thank you,

I turned on the notification but I did not get any!

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, samanti said:

Hi
Is it possble to move chatbubble to left side ?

Regards

Hello samanti,

Thank you so much for using our Live Chat free module. Unfortunately, the free version of our module does not support drag-and-drop chat bubble. You can find this feature on the premium version of Live Chat. 

My best regard.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, thank You for this module!

I installed the latest version but I have an issue.
All time, chat from customer, from homepage is showing as offline.
I have changed status on busy or offline and again on online but nothing happend. Still offline.
I checked this on Chrome, Edge and Firefox browser.

12 hours ago, P i l o u said:

Hello, thank You for this module!

I installed the latest version but I have an issue.
All time, chat from customer, from homepage is showing as offline.
I have changed status on busy or offline and again on online but nothing happend. Still offline.
I checked this on Chrome, Edge and Firefox browser.

Hello,

Thank you for using our Live Chat free module. I'm really sorry about the problem you encountered while using our module

Regarding one of our users, please try to replace strtotime('now') to strtotime(time, now) in the main PHP file of module. Save your change and check if the offline problem has been solved. 

My best regard.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 2/20/2021 at 9:14 PM, Un_Tal_Iban said:

Hello!

Installing the module (paid version)in fresh and clean 1.7.7.1 version we have problems, if you uninstall, activate, deactivate any module you have blank page with log. You can not manage modules qqhit your module installed.

Any help? Thanks in advance

Hello,

Thank you so much for using our Live chat and Ticketing system module. We're really sorry about the problem you encountered while using our module.

To help us recognize and address your problem, please contact us via PrestaShop Addons Marketplace (https://addons.prestashop.com/en/contact-us?id_product=29785), and then send us necessary information such as back office login account, FTP info. Our staff will try their best to support you.

My best regard.

8 hours ago, ets-soft said:

Hello,

Thank you so much for using our Live chat and Ticketing system module. We're really sorry about the problem you encountered while using our module.

To help us recognize and address your problem, please contact us via PrestaShop Addons Marketplace (https://addons.prestashop.com/en/contact-us?id_product=29785), and then send us necessary information such as back office login account, FTP info. Our staff will try their best to support you.

My best regard.

Thank you very much!

Problem solved. Fantastic support.

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Novaslash said:

Hello,

Your module works fine but I noticed a little problem.

On the client side, we have the notification sound. On the other hand, on the administration side, there is no sound that occurs.

Is this normal?

Thank you.

Ps : I use the version 1.7.6.8

Hello,

Thank you so much for using our Live chat free module.

On my local site, the module is working well and there are both notification sound on FO and BO when a new message is sent. You may reset the module and check if the notification sound is working.

My best regard.

Hello and thank you for your answer.

For the sake of conscience, I tested your module on an online store on a test server.

Strangely, the chat does not appear in the FO, no bubble to launch the chat window.

However, compared to my local store, these are the same files so I cannot know if this is due to a local problem with the sound.

It's a very strange problem, and yet I cleared the cache.

I have also installed your module again locally and I still have the same sound problem in the BO. Additionally, I noticed that if I'm on the Mods page (and only this one), the chat bubble appears like the attached image.

It is not very serious but maybe it could indicate a problem related to the sound bug that I am encountering.

I specify that I have modified no file of your module.

PS : Definitely, I'm really unlucky. When I choose an image for the store logo, in the FO side chat, it stays on the default one. However, it works for the avatar.

livechat.jpg

Edited by Novaslash (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Novaslash said:

Hello and thank you for your answer.

For the sake of conscience, I tested your module on an online store on a test server.

Strangely, the chat does not appear in the FO, no bubble to launch the chat window.

However, compared to my local store, these are the same files so I cannot know if this is due to a local problem with the sound.

It's a very strange problem, and yet I cleared the cache.

I have also installed your module again locally and I still have the same sound problem in the BO. Additionally, I noticed that if I'm on the Mods page (and only this one), the chat bubble appears like the attached image.

It is not very serious but maybe it could indicate a problem related to the sound bug that I am encountering.

I specify that I have modified no file of your module.

PS : Definitely, I'm really unlucky. When I choose an image for the store logo, in the FO side chat, it stays on the default one. However, it works for the avatar.

livechat.jpg

Hello,

I'm really sorry for the problems you encountered. Our developers will start working on an update version of Live chat free module soon. I will upload the install package of a new version when it completed. Meanwhile, you could try other live chat modules that compatible with your PrestaShop store.

My best regard.

Hello,

I allow myself a double message because I found a way to get around my sound problem.

I explain to you in case someone else has the same problem.

While inspecting the source code, I noticed that on the FO side, the link to the sound file was: modules/ets_livechat_free//views/sound/sound1.mp3

While on the BO side, I had the same link except that the mp3 file didn't have a name, it just gave modules/ets_livechat_free//views/sound/.mp3

Yet the two paths are the same but for some reason it seems that the name of the mp3 file is not specified on the BO side.

The solution I found to fix my problem is to open the modules/ets_livechat_free/views/templates/hook/list_customer_chat.tpl file.

At the line :

<audio id="lg_ets_sound" src="{$livechatDir|escape:'quotes':'UTF-8'}/views/sound/{$config.ETS_SOUND_WHEN_NEW_MESSAGE|escape:'html':'utf-8'}.mp3" type="audio/mpeg"></audio>

To replace it with the name of the sound file, like this:

{$config.ETS_SOUND_WHEN_NEW_MESSAGE|escape:'html':'utf-8'}

To replace it with the name of the sound file, like this:

<audio id="lg_ets_sound" src="{$livechatDir|escape:'quotes':'UTF-8'}/views/sound/sound1.mp3" type="audio/mpeg"></audio>

It may not be ideal, but while waiting for a more lasting solution, it works.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...