1-Click upgrade addon fails with "Class 'ZipArchive' not found"

linda_petty@shelter.

I am using Prestashop's "1-click upgrade" addon to upgrade from Prestashop 1.6.1.17 to 1.7.4.3.

it fails with "Class 'ZipArchive' not found"

I have installed Zip with 

sudo apt-get install php7.0-zip

but I get the same ZipArchive error

here is the error:-

[INTERNAL] /var/www/modules/autoupgrade/classes/ZipAction.php line 126 - Error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found #0 /var/www/modules/autoupgrade/classes/ZipAction.php(70): PrestaShop\Module\AutoUpgrade\ZipAction->compressWithZipArchive(Array, '/var/www/admin5...') #1 /var/www/modules/autoupgrade/classes/TaskRunner/Upgrade/BackupFiles.php(79): PrestaShop\Module\AutoUpgrade\ZipAction->compress(Array, '/var/www/admin5...') #2 /var/www/admin5431/autoupgrade/ajax-upgradetab.php(52): PrestaShop\Module\AutoUpgrade\TaskRunner\Upgrade\BackupFiles->run() #3 {main}

at line 126 in ZipAction.php the statement is 

$zip = $this->openWithZipArchive($toFile, \ZipArchive::CREATE);

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

Edited by linda_petty@shelter. (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Zeryk said:

I have same problem, but my web is online. I guess restart my computer is not a solution then?

I am afraid you miss the point: the php module ZIP is a required for Prestashop. In the case of llnda that was not installed and after she installed it she needed a restart to make the installation effective.

But the error message is that the Prestashop ZipArchive class is not found. Of course that can be caused by the absence of the PHP module. But the problem can also be with your Prestashop installation. You might start with looking whether the relevant file ('/tools/pclzip/pclzip.lib.php') is there.

• 1 year later...