Debug Mode button missing

misterc

Hi all,

any assistance appreciated to someone who is quite technically challenged.

Recently I have been receiving 500 internal server error messages (tags not loading when attempting to create new product listings) I have read a few posts and everyone appears to suggest enabling Debug Mode to find where the issue is. Unfortunately the button 'Debug Mode' is missing; I only have 'disable non Prestashop modules' and 'disable all overrides'. My original developer who installed all of this is unfortunately no longer contactable, and I often struggle with freelancers.

Any guidance appreciated as I am unable to create new products. I recently had an Indian freelancer do some adjustments to a theme so this may be the initial cause of the error message, but thought I would ask here to be able to offer him some guidance, as I think he also is a little lost! I am using Prestashop 1.6.1.4 multistore mode.

It has also been suggested that I upgrade to 1.7 but am concerned about all the additional cost of having to buy new modules, and the development work, and also messing around with something that could result in my e-commerce sites going down for a period of time.

Thanks

John C