Is PS a rip-off ?

ps2k11

Not sure how something that is free can be a rip off?

:lol:

I don't know about prestashop 1.7 but as far as i am aware every system has rounding issues. There are many many different ways to round things. We have particular issues because many of our products are very low prices ( a few pence) and then we offer % discount rates based on qty and then add % VAT so there are always variations .

I just did a quick google and found issues with Magenta and woocommerce

It is a know accountancy issue and the conventional wisdom is that provided you stick to one method of rounding the tax many will not kick off

18 hours ago, haylau said:

Not sure how something that is free can be a rip off?

:lol:

I don't know about prestashop 1.7 but as far as i am aware every system has rounding issues. There are many many different ways to round things. We have particular issues because many of our products are very low prices ( a few pence) and then we offer % discount rates based on qty and then add % VAT so there are always variations .

I just did a quick google and found issues with Magenta and woocommerce

It is a know accountancy issue and the conventional wisdom is that provided you stick to one method of rounding the tax many will not kick off

Yes free but with every new version they remove something that you have to buy, in PS 1.7.4.2 they removed 1 step checkout and advanced stock management. If this keeps up when PS 1.10 comes out you'll only have the logo

Do not forget that the PrestaShop project is opensource, this means:
- you can access and copy the code of previous features that have been removed (such as adv. stock management or 1-step checkout) and implement them yourself, all this for free
- you can contribute to the opensource project to re-introduce these features 

4 hours ago, ksaan said:

Do not forget that the PrestaShop project is opensource, this means:
- you can access and copy the code of previous features that have been removed (such as adv. stock management or 1-step checkout) and implement them yourself, all this for free
- you can contribute to the opensource project to re-introduce these features 

ps 1.7 is different cannot copy features from ps 1.6

On 9/17/2018 at 9:53 PM, ps2k11 said:

why is there a need for a module to fix  a rounding problem ?

why not fix the bug

Rounding and Tax Application Module - Prestashop 1.7

Is PS designed to be fixed by costly addons ?

I know what you mean. The Basics are free thats true but important features such as seo friendly urls without some stupid number in it is not. So i see where you are coming from. The List goes on and on and on...