Change ps 1.7.4.2 checkout to look like ps 1.6.17

ps2k11

According to ps 1.7 documentation it's supposed to have one step checkout but it's actually a 3 step checkout since you have to press the continue button to show next form. Ps 1.6 had one step checkout why was it removed ? Is PS improving or deteriorating, every new version there is something taken out and have to spend more money to get it back.

Is there a way to remove those continue buttons  in ps 1,7 ?

Hello,

I think you know that there is no a easy way to do that. It was changed because it really was necessary PrestaShop was staying below its competitors with the checkout, the new checkout is modern and the model is based in the most effective checkouts at today, however, if you want kill it, you can use a module for a one page checkout style.

Regards!

25 minutes ago, Rolige said:

Hello,

I think you know that there is no a easy way to do that. It was changed because it really was necessary PrestaShop was staying below its competitors with the checkout, the new checkout is modern and the model is based in the most effective checkouts at today, however, if you want kill it, you can use a module for a one page checkout style.

Regards!

I think it was done to bring more money to the developers. Why remove something that it's already there, not the first time PS does that. I started with PS 1.4, didnt have to buy addons to add videos, or paypal and many others. PS will lose costumers to other cars like Magento if they keep this up

I ask you something, does Magento have 2 different checkout styles?, I think you are little lost, if you really want the real Magento, you will need pay for the enterprise version, and believe me, it will cost a lot more than a one page checkout module for PrestaShop. Magento community doesn't include discount rules by catalog, for mentioning some of the things that have already been removed.

1 hour ago, Rolige said:

I ask you something, does Magento have 2 different checkout styles?, I think you are little lost, if you really want the real Magento, you will need pay for the enterprise version, and believe me, it will cost a lot more than a one page checkout module for PrestaShop. Magento community doesn't include discount rules by catalog, for mentioning some of the things that have already been removed.

All I know is with PS 1.4 didnt cost anything but now already spent over $600 and what I have is a non working site, still trying to fix bugs, and still have to get  more addons. For a customer to place an order it takes 5 clicks, with a software that is slow you can imagine how many customers are willing to put up with that

Edited by ps2k11
correction (see edit history)

1.7.2.4 and earlier 1.7, PS had a 'very nice' one page checkout that included hiding the header, that is modern.  Post 1.7.2.4 the removed this...they sell a lot of one page checkout modules and I suspect there was a lot of screaming from those developers.

The latest '4' step checkout is 'ok'....and with no configurable switch to OPC, we either stay with 4 step or buy opc module.  

Remember the entire PS  eco has to buy food and send kids to college.  

happy selling, el

2 hours ago, El Patron said:

1.7.2.4 and earlier 1.7, PS had a 'very nice' one page checkout that included hiding the header, that is modern.  Post 1.7.2.4 the removed this...they sell a lot of one page checkout modules and I suspect there was a lot of screaming from those developers.

The latest '4' step checkout is 'ok'....and with no configurable switch to OPC, we either stay with 4 step or buy opc module.  

Remember the entire PS  eco has to buy food and send kids to college.  

happy selling, el

I have expenses too but there is a limit one can spend in having a web site that costumers don't come back because process takes too long, Dont forget there is also advertising and credit cards fees. If a site becomes too expensive to maintain people won't buy it. Prestashop is in 9th place.

https://www.socialmediatoday.com/news/the-top-ecommerce-platforms-by-market-share-in-2018-infographic/527177/

Does it seem normal to you that the cart total excludes taxes ?

I know its easy to modify but as a customer would you buy from a site where you have to use a calculator to figure out how much you will be charged ?

What were developers thinking ? Do they buy online ?