looking for hosting for ps 1.7.4.2 asap

ps2k11

Used to have ps 1.6.17 on Godaddy shared hosting and working very well

decided to upgrade to 1.7.4.2, big mistake.

ps 1.7 too slow for shared hosting, takes 30 sec to add product to cart, also 30 sec to remove product from cart. same site no problem with ps 1.6

now need new host, dedicated is really expensive. Any other solutions ?

anybody know requirements to have ps 1.7 working smoothly ?

This is not sufficient for ps 1.7

CPU (Accessible cores)    1    
Memory/RAM (MB)        512    
I/O (KB/sec)        1024    
Entry processes(Concurrent connections    100    
Files (inodes)        250,000    
Disk space        100 GB   

Edited by ps2k11
more info (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Rolige said:

Hello,

PS 1.7 is too slow in a shared hosting, you need at least a VPS, most hostings bring a good performance in a VPS (my recommendation is search for one close to your objective customers zone).

Regards!

Good way to lose customers. vps more expensive. Very poor decision from PS management. Still waiting for minimum resources requirements, does anybody know ?

1 hour ago, Rolige said:

The minimum requirements are listed here: https://www.prestashop.com/en/system-requirements

In the real life, I can tell you most of shared servers will be slow or your shop will fail every moment, I have tested on before in 2 hosting services, if you get one shared hosting working well, please share here.

what that prestashop link doesn't give is server need like ram,cores and I/O

https://ph.godaddy.com/help/resource-limits-12001

does it need 1gb or 2 gb ram ? 1 or 2 cpu cores ? I/O kb/sec ?

I have godaddy economy, the only time it slows down it's when adding or removing products from cart

Because there is no such answer. It depends on how many visitors / customers you have, how many products you have in your shop, how fast you expect your shop features to be ...
The right host for you is not the right host for another person.

However if PS 1.6 was working fine on your server, PS 1.7 should not be so slow. Have you considered maybe something wrong happened during upgrade and is making your shop slow, and if you find it and fix it you might get a fast PS 1.7 ? It might be worth it to analyze what is so slow (find the bottleneck) with your shop right now.

If available and not used yet, you might also consider using php7 it can boost your shop.

5 hours ago, ksaan said:

Because there is no such answer. It depends on how many visitors / customers you have, how many products you have in your shop, how fast you expect your shop features to be ...
The right host for you is not the right host for another person.

However if PS 1.6 was working fine on your server, PS 1.7 should not be so slow. Have you considered maybe something wrong happened during upgrade and is making your shop slow, and if you find it and fix it you might get a fast PS 1.7 ? It might be worth it to analyze what is so slow (find the bottleneck) with your shop right now.

If available and not used yet, you might also consider using php7 it can boost your shop.

Already have php 7. Didnt upgrade, was new install of ps 1.7, just transferred database with store manager. Right now store in maintenance mode. Adding or removing a product to/from cart sometimes takes up to 30 secs. Also classic checkout each step takes long. Ps 1.6 was fast.  Not sure if I need more ram or what else. Costs money to switch host just want to make sure I find one that works faster