<SOLVED>Invalid loadTaxZones() SQL query! error after upgrade

Hello! Ran into some problems after upgrading my store from 1.36 to 1.4.

I went through the upgrade steps fine, install completed and everything, but my site now has this error on a white page:

Invalid loadTaxZones() SQL query!

Any idea how to fix this?

Cheers for any help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I am no expert on this, I just try things till they work, and I happened across this.

I followed the guide from PS and created a new folder called shop1 in my www root. Here I copied all the files as instructed and also all the existing /img and/mails etc.

Now when I ran the upgrade to 1.4 both the new site and the old 1.2.5 site (which sits in the www root folder) showed the

Invalid loadTaxZones() SQL query!

I think what's happening here is that the settings.inc.php file is telling your shop to always redirect to the old folder (in my case the root), because you copied it from the old install. Whenever I typed www.trafficlear.co.uk/shop1/ it automatically took me back to www.trafficlear.co.uk/

I had (as instructed) copied the setting.inc.php from the old /config folder to the new PS1.4 /shop1/config folder. This contains a line showing where the root of the shop should be. To solve this for my new install i went to the /config folder and edited the settings.inc.php file. I changed the line

define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/');

to

define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/shop1/');

Now it knows to look in the /shop1 folder for everything and hey presto the new 1.4 install works. When i type www.trafficlear.co.uk/shop1 to my browser all my data, images etc are there.

I will now transfer all the old PS 1.2.5 files to my local machine and store them in case of future problem. Then I will simply move the PS 1.4 install to the root folder so the shop appears when you type trafficlear.co.uk/

I hope this helps someone, but i take no responsibility for knackering up your website! Always always back up your Database using cPanel etc before you do anything.

If anything is not clear, post and I'll try to clarify.

Cheers

Dave