Problem updating stock with Amazon by Common Services

planetajuguetes

Hi, I am currently using a connector from my TPV (POS) to prestashop 1.7.4.2 and then I use Amazon module by Common Services to import orders from Amazon and to update stock both ways.

I use a cron than, in theory, updates changes in prestashop but i just realized it only "sees" the update if i save it manually. If the change is made by the POS connector (I mean done directly to the database) the cron does not work. 

How can I fix it?

You are right: I have discovered this info. Module uses synchronization by hooks and my POS does not trigger the necessary Hook to its proper functioning

Any idea how I can fix that?

In Detail

The Amazon module uses the technique of synchronization by Hooks described in a ticket on the Prestashop blog here:
http://www.prestashop.com/blog/fr/la_synchronisation_via_les_hooks_ebay_par_fabien_serny/

And in the official Prestashop documentation here:
http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS14/Synchronization+via+Hooks
(Note that the evoked version of Prestashop does not matter in this case, this operation affects all versions)

By default, the module synchronizes your offers, that is, it sends the quantities and prices and only for items that have been modified.

The operating principle is the same as that of eBay module, except that the Amazon module will only do the update a posteriori. Indeed, for each update of a product on eBay Module, it connects to eBay and transmits the information, the product or offer update, but it is not compatible with the operating mechanism of the Amazon marketplace, which requires sending batch updates.

When updating an item, the Amazon module saves this update in a table, it is called “Logging”.

Then, when you will request the module for an export, either by using the interactive menu “Catalog > Amazon” or by a scheduled task, the module lists all the log entries and sends the information to Amazon, the module sends a “feed”.

While the module does not receive an “acknowledgment” from Amazon, it maintains information in the log. When it is received, the log entry is deleted. So you have the certainty that your data on Amazon will be constantly updated.

Our clients sometimes use external software to update inventory/stock, POS management software etc. In this case the customer must ensure that the software is fully compatible with Prestashop and that it effectively triggers the necessary Hook to its proper functioning. If you are concerned, give a link of this page to your technical provider.