New Trophy website

tony_nyorks

• 2 weeks later...

Tony,

Regarding your Trophy site, here are a few comments I have.

1. I really don't like the color scheme at all. The red is very abrasive. I'm not a designer, so I'm afraid I don't have any useful suggestions off the top of my head for a color scheme that you should use. My experience when I got to the site, though, was to pull back from the screen physically. I don't think you want your customers to do that. That should be a pretty ease fix, though.

2. I would suggest moving your Tags Block to the lower right position on the page.

3. I would suggest moving your Specials Block just below your Cart Block.

4. I'm not quite sure what to think of the Information Block yet. It looks like it has a lot of useful information, but the block is huge. It is definitely one of the largest information blocks I've seen to date. I would try to cut some of the information out if it is not absolutely necessary. One way of doing that would be to introduce a horizontal navigation menu above the body of your page if you really feel you need to communicate that informaiton.

5. I went to your "Blog" link in the Information Block and checked it out. I noticed there wasn't a way to go back to your PrestaShop store except by clicking the web browser's back button. You may want to incorporate a back button near the header of the blog. Give your customers every opportunity to get from your blog to your store. You sell them in the Blog and you make your money when they buy stuff in the store.

6. I think your center column could use a bit of work. I'm not sure the Home Text Editor is providing your with much value and you may consider moving it below your Featured Items Block or simply eliminating it. Also, the buttons for FaceBook and Twitter seem out of place. Can you place them in the left or right column? They might make more sense there.

7. It looks like you've added a featured item that corresponds to each one of your categories. Not a bad idea, but it might be redundant. I think it is good that you show the types of trophies and, at the same time, I'm wondering if it is necessary that you show all the trophy pictures in the Featured Items Block. I'm not sure on this one, but you might want to ask your customers for some feedback.

8. Good job putting the phone number right at the top. I'm assuming this is a physical store as well as an online store? If it is a physical store, it is mandatory that you give your customers an obvious way to call you.

9. I would get rid of the "www.trophyandprint.com" part of the logo. People already know where they are so I don't think that adds much value. In fact, they might get confused and think it will take them somewhere else. I'm of the opinion that things that don't add value detract from your message.

That’s all I can come up with for now. I hope that helps and if you have a minute and wouldn’t mind helping me, I’m working on creating a training product for PrestaShop and could use your input. I have a survey you can take at the following address: http://www.prestatraining.com/question1.html.'>http://www.prestatraining.com/question1.html. Also, please check out my main site at http://www.prestatraining.com/ and let me know what you think.

Tony,

I also looked at your Crystal and Glass Site and many of the comments I made regarding your trophy site apply to the site as well. I will say that you definitely have a much better color scheme with this site, though. I think it looks pretty good and you can up your game a bit with some of the suggestions I provided in the previous post. It's amazing what a difference colors make.

I did notice that you favicon doesn't really tie into this site. It appears it is for the Trophy&Print;site. I would suggestion making a favicon just for this site. Even little things like this matter because they affect your brand.

Thanks for showing your sites!