Modification of Product Stock Management ( negative stock wanted)

ezakimak

Hi,

I am starting to modify /classes/product.php in order to accomplish this, the reason.
we have products with stock zero and the "allow orders when not available" preference to Yes.
The thing is that product quantity is always zero in those cases, I need to give the possibility to have them negative in case there are more orders of a product X than products X available. that way when I update my stock (I have a script for that ) I would simply add the quantity to that product stock attribute,
lets say, a product X would have quantity = -7 , then with my script I add 10 to it, the final stock should be 3.
Currently I would have product X quantity = 0 , so to update it accurately I have to take into account the products already sold since the time the quantity became zero.

So far , I changed tha tables ps_product and ps_product_attribute quantity to accpet negative values and modified the /classes/product.php fieldsvalidation quantity from isUnsignedInt to isInt.
after that what would be necessary to do to make prestashop work with negative stock

thanks for any help

Hugh

Hi, me again

I think I found the answer but I would like to have some input from you .
I changed this method Product::updateQuantity I have commented what I think is preventing from allowing negative stock

public static function updateQuantity($product)
   {
       if (!is_array($product))
           die (Tools::displayError());

if (Pack::isPack(intval($product['id_product'])))
       {
           $products_pack = Pack::getItems(intval($product['id_product']), intval(Configuration::get('PS_LANG_DEFAULT')));
           foreach($products_pack AS $product_pack)
           {
               $tab_product_pack['id_product'] = intval($product_pack->id);
               $tab_product_pack['id_product_attribute'] = self::getDefaultAttribute($tab_product_pack['id_product'], 1);
               $tab_product_pack['cart_quantity'] = intval($product_pack->pack_quantity * $product['cart_quantity']);
               self::updateQuantity($tab_product_pack);
           }
       }

$result = Db::getInstance()->getRow('
       SELECT `quantity`
       FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.($product['id_product_attribute'] ? 'product_attribute' : 'product').'`
       WHERE `id_product` = '.intval($product['id_product']).($product['id_product_attribute'] ?
       ' AND `id_product_attribute` = '.intval($product['id_product_attribute']) : ''));

if (!Configuration::get('PS_STOCK_MANAGEMENT'))
           return true;
       //if (self::isAvailableWhenOutOfStock($product['out_of_stock']) AND intval($result['quantity']) == 0)
       //    return -1;
               //
       //if ($result['quantity'] < $product['cart_quantity'])
       //{
       //    Db::getInstance()->Execute('
       //    UPDATE `'._DB_PREFIX_.($product['id_product_attribute'] ? 'product_attribute' : 'product').'`
       //    SET `quantity` = 0
       //    WHERE `id_product` = '.intval($product['id_product']).($product['id_product_attribute'] ?
       //    ' AND `id_product_attribute` = '.intval($product['id_product_attribute']) : ''));
       //    return false;
       //}

Db::getInstance()->Execute('
       UPDATE `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product'.($product['id_product_attribute'] ? '_attribute' : '').'`
       SET `quantity` = `quantity`-'.intval($product['cart_quantity']).'
       WHERE `id_product` = '.intval($product['id_product']).
       ($product['id_product_attribute'] ? ' AND `id_product_attribute` = '.intval($product['id_product_attribute']) : ''));
       return true;
   }

I think changing /admin/tabs/adminorders.php , would solve the problem I mentioned above, but any feedback would be nice.
I am checking if these changes work.

in line around 211
from

// Reinject product
if (!$order->hasBeenDelivered() OR ($order->hasBeenDelivered() AND Tools::isSubmit('reinjectQuantities')))
{
   $reinjectableQuantity = intval($orderDetail->product_quantity_in_stock) - intval($orderDetail->product_quantity_reinjected);
  $quantityToReinject = $qtyCancelProduct > $reinjectableQuantity ? $reinjectableQuantity : $qtyCancelProduct;

to

// Reinject product
if (!$order->hasBeenDelivered() OR ($order->hasBeenDelivered() AND Tools::isSubmit('reinjectQuantities')))
{
  $reinjectableQuantity = intval($orderDetail->product_quantity) - intval($orderDetail->product_quantity_reinjected);
  $quantityToReinject = $qtyCancelProduct > $reinjectableQuantity ? $reinjectableQuantity : $qtyCancelProduct;