Actual Help moving shop from 1 server to another

Is there any one out there who can actually help me through the process of moving my prestashop from one server to another. I mean a step by step guide with the correct instructions and not for a computer professor
I need to be able to do this to have confidence in this product as the shop site I want to build will be quite large and till now I have had no success in upgrading nor moving my site the instructions i have received so far have not worked

Well, I will say backup and restore... It quite easy to do if you have a cp like cpanel or plesk. ortherwise have to do it manually, backy your db, move all the rest and restore the db, hope this make sense...

Howard,

The easiest way I found to replicate a Prestashop site to another place is as following (for Prestashop V1.1b3):
1) Install and develop your shop on your local computer (or on your webspace if you prefer but then the steps would be the other way around)
2) Take an FTP program and copy all your local Prestashop directories with files to your webspace and make sure you set the correct directory/file permissions there also.
3) For simplicity just use the backup facility you will find in the Prestashop BO under Tools. This will create an archive with an actual SQL file inside (you will find it under your admin/backups directory of your Prestashop installation). Unpack this file from the archive and use it for importing in your webspace database.
4) To import the SQL file from step 3 you will need a tool like phpMyAdmin which you should find when you login into your host account. You probably have the same tool available on your local machine also where you can more easily make yourself acquinted with it. From the phpMyAdmin interface you can select your database and then you will have a tab which gives you the opportunity to import a SQL file. Point to the SQL file on your local hard disk and press the start button to actually import the data into your webspace database.

Best regards and suc6,
Howard :lol:

thank you wheeloftime that is a bit helpful but exactly how and where do I make a backup file from back of shop there is no facility in my tools (I am in PS 1.0 as 1.1.0.3 did not work). These instructions are far too simplified & advanced for me.
I am not stupid but I have had no formal training in computers and have no one to ask what each term means.
STILL IS THERE NO ONE OUT THERE WHO CAN ACTUALLY GO THROUGH THE PROCESS STEP BY STEP IN SIMPLE TERMS

BEGINNER
1- I am using 1.0 as i could not make 1.1.0.3 work with the shop I had made . Also it only has 2 languages and I couldn't get any help to make the other languages work
2- exactly what are the permissions that I have to set? can someone list them correctly. So when it still does not work I know that at least one aspect is correct
3- There is no back up under TOOLS ?
4- to import sql DB do I have to first delete the original or do you just up load the new one ( this did not work for me)

• 3 weeks later...