Various languages at same domain.

alain

Hi,

im having some troubles configuring my store´s languages. I have a main domain for the spanish version, which is the main language. But I want to associate each language to    /fr   /en  /it      and     /de, all of them  at the same domain as the main one. How should I configure it? I have no idea to do thiss association.

Until now, those languages but spanish one, have been at different domain. Now I want to have all of them at the same domain. Redirections are necesary or how can I do this?

I hope I explained it well.

Thank you.

First of all you need to activate the languages you want. After activation, than you should add the translations to the languages activated on the product and cms pages as well. After activation of other languages you will notice a filed you can choose to add tranlations besides the descriptions. You will find en, fr, de, etc. By choosing the language you can add your translated text.

Add a new language from the "Translations" page. Main Pretashop features, should be already translated, when you import/activate a language.

find docu here (same for PS 1.5., 1.6. and 1.7.): http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS17/Languages

and

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Translations

Hi,

thank you so much for your answer. But I think my trouble is different. I have all my languages activated and translations done, but when I select a language at languages menu of homepage, they send me to another domain different from main spanish one. 

My main domain is  www.hogarymas.es

My languages redirect to:

homeandmore-eu.com/fr

homeandmore-eu.com/es

homeandmore-eu.com/it

homeandmore-eu.com/de

Home and more is a second store, which is created with multistore. I need to know how to change this redirection and use the translations for my main domain (hogarymas.es)  as  hogarymas.es/fr, hogarymas.es/en  .... . without deleting my second store  (home and more)

Sorry, I know its a bit confusing, but I dont know why is happening this redirection and how to solve it.

Thank you for your attention!

Before you touch the multishop configuration, you should solve two other problems. Your domain hogarymas.es is redirecting to homeandmore-eu.com and this in turn redirects to a wordpress Site on domain www.apliservicios.com.

Once you enable multishop, you cannot undo this. The only possibility is to deactivate the option. For to have database cleaned you need to manipulate it manually.

BTW you don't need multishop for to run different languages. Prestashop is multilanguage. Multishop option is only for really different shops (diff. tax, diff. customers, etc...) on different domains or subdomain of a domain.

Try to deactivate the multishop option, clear the cache and check, if there is still any redirect. If yes, than you should check where it was done (cPanel, .htaccess manually manipulated, server settings for domain x).