SMTP / php mail() Fasthost problems - Urgent Help Required

I am currently setting up an shop using a Prestashop installation at www.curtainsketchbooks.co.uk which is hosted by Fasthosts and uses an MS Exchange Mailbox which is also hosted by Fasthosts

I am encountering some serious problems sending emails through the shops back-end.

I cannot send emails using the contact form, I cannot reset passwords because an email is not sent and the main issue being... emails are not generated and sent to potential customers on test orders.

At first I thought It was an issue with Prestashop, but after reading the forums I am led to believe it is a hosting issue
I have tried using php mail() and SMTP to no avail.

The SMTP settings I have been using are as follows

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

SMTP Server: smtp.fasthosts.co.uk - This is what fasthost recommended!

SMTP User: [email protected]

SMTP Pass: **********

Encryption type: SSL

SMTP Port: 225

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked on the knowledge base articles on the Fasthosts support website and noticed the following statement, which I think may be a solution?

If you are using a third party script to send email remember to set the sendmail_from variable (using ini_set('sendmail_from',email_from)), add the fifth -f parameter, and send the email either to, or from, a Fasthosts hosted email address.

Use the PHP mail function and set the mail from using the following line of code - replacing $email_from with the correct domain name.

* ini_set("sendmail_from", " $email_from ");

You need to add a fifth "-f" parameter to the sendmail function. This will set the name of the from address.

* mail($email_to, $email_subject, $email_message, $headers, '-f'.$email_from);

This is covered in the article EXAMPLE: 'Form to Mail' script using PHP.

Sadly I am not proficient in php an I am really struggling to get my head around this one, does anyone of you php wizz kids know how I would go about implementing this into contact-form.php and mail.php

The shop is due to go live at the end of the week and this issue is seriously hindering any progress, any help you can provide would be muchly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Dan Collins