Short description and description

eastfolk

That might sound like a silly question, but what are you supposed to write in short description and description, that is given on product page?

Does it help with anything (like Seo and stuff), or you can just get rid of one of them. I just have a feeling I am repeating myself.

Edited by eastfolk (see edit history)

An example might help

Name of product : Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Short Description: Harback version of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Long description: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Harry continues his adventures in Hogwarts with Ron and Hermione. This 485 page hardback book is a thrilling continuation of the story. This hardback version also has a traditional Dust Jacket, signed on the inside by the author

13 hours ago, yotow said:

Perfect noob question... supply a SHORT description in the SHORT description field... and guess what? A FULL DESCRIPTION in the DESCRIPTION FIELD. omg... why did I even answer this...

I can't believe it's your first post. Don't tell me you registered on this forum, just to answer this. I feel so honored. 

Please, go and play smart somewhere else.

11 hours ago, haylau said:

An example might help

Name of product : Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Short Description: Harback version of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Long description: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Harry continues his adventures in Hogwarts with Ron and Hermione. This 485 page hardback book is a thrilling continuation of the story. This hardback version also has a traditional Dust Jacket, signed on the inside by the author

Thanks for confirming what I thought. I had a feeling I am repeating the same thing in short and long description, that why I wanted to know if it going to help with SEO, or give more exposure, or I can just get rid of one of them.

We have the product tile and the short description as the same. Google likes lot's of relevant information. Our website tends to be top of google with no payments or advertising or back links to talk of.  The first non add website on Google when you search "U-bolts" tends to be us. Well, in the Uk anyway. Simply, our website is called U-bolts-r-us, and lots of our products are U-bolts so the word U-bolt is the URL, product title, product long and short description, and meta details and google loves it! As long as all those words are releventat to what the web page is about

20 hours ago, haylau said:

We have the product tile and the short description as the same. Google likes lot's of relevant information. Our website tends to be top of google with no payments or advertising or back links to talk of.  The first non add website on Google when you search "U-bolts" tends to be us. Well, in the Uk anyway. Simply, our website is called U-bolts-r-us, and lots of our products are U-bolts so the word U-bolt is the URL, product title, product long and short description, and meta details and google loves it! As long as all those words are releventat to what the web page is about

A big elephant-like thank you!