Smarty var shop.id is missing!

In multistore mode, different shops have same template, but slightly different settings like colors, logos, etc.

This is easily accomplished by adding shop-specific classes to the templates. Like when adding a shop id to the class-names in layout-both-columns.tpl. However only the shop-name, shop-addresses and other details that can all change regularly are available through the getTemplateVarShop() in the FrontController. Why is the $this->context->shop->id not in there, so it can easily be used in smarty as {$shop.id}

Also the smarty-var {$shop.name} is not the name of the shop, but the name of the shop-group! So all names of my shops in same group are same.

So, how do I get the shop-id in the layout-both-columns.tpl template?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
15 hours ago, nawres said:

same Problem ! can someone help me ?

Not exactly the solution i was looking for either, (since shop url could change) but i managed to get around the "missing shop_id" in smarty variables by using the shops "base_url": 

{if $urls.base_url == 'https://shop-front-url.de/'}
// notice the "/" at the end of the url
// show some content
{/if}

1 hour ago, Tecc said:

Not exactly the solution i was looking for either, (since shop url could change) but i managed to get around the "missing shop_id" in smarty variables by using the shops "base_url": 

{if $urls.base_url == 'https://shop-front-url.de/'}
// notice the "/" at the end of the url
// show some content
{/if}

ok thanks ! it's woking now but we must change the url  after any changement