Installing a payment module in Korea: will a local php developer be able to do it?

Hi all,

I'm desperately trying to knows if it's possible to install a Korean payment module on Prestashop.
Do you guys think that a local php developer will be able to do the job? And if it's possible, would it be a difficult job?

Thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

That developer has integrated KCP, one of Korea's main gateways.
@william my product is jewelry, if a gateway is what you need, then we both need the same thing whatever the product.
What was your plan? To use Paypal? If it's to sell to Koreans, in my opinion Paypal is not an option.

I noticed paypal has no korean language support. So it's barely an option, but better than nothing. I'm doing teaching english online and students should be able to navigate Paypal. I was planning on starting with bank transfer which is very easy for Koreans to do within Korea.
KCP would be ideal. I would be likely to use it if we could make it work.

I've never used Paypal myself, but there are tons of sites dedicated to angry users. I was quickly put off when I noticed that there is no direct email support on their site, all you can do is post on the forum wait days for a basic answer. I also read so many posts about how they hit you with chargebacks or keep your money for 3 or 6 months for "security reasons" without any further explanation. No, I think Moneybookers is better (haven't used either), but they don't have a Korean version of the checkout pages.
The Korean developer is asking for 500,000W to integrate the KCP gateway in Prestashop (which he has already done), but there's two of us we can bargain a little.

• 4 years later...