Access denied. to the Webpage after Spam atack

rlinares

Hi there, 

When i try to go to my webpage today I saw that "Access denied." notificationapears.

When I entered to the BackOffice i realized that uring the Past weekend, I recieve more than 1500 mesages using the contact Form. 

Prestashop has is some "Self protection" or some similar feature ? Threre is something that i have to reset  to recover the page?

Best Regard

Rodrigo

Post the URL to your store?

Unless it is a new development there is no self-protection feature. My first guess would be that whatever you or your hosting company uses as a firewall got triggered by the spike in bots using your contact form.

Once this is resolved you need to change the contact form so that it has some kind of captcha. There are numerous tutorials online.

I recieved 2000 emails aprox in less than 1 hour, because my contact form had no captcha.  The  company that provide us the hosting,  decided to delete the index.php to "solve" the emergency .  I never imagine that they  would do that. For that reason  started to look other issues  instead of check if all the files were there. 

I copied the index.php to the main folder and the problem was solved. I installed google Recapcha in my contactform to avoid situations lile this

Regards