after using "PrestaShop Advanced Template" on Azure - cannot connect to back office

a-e-j@live.co.uk

Hi

I'm a newbie coming from a Windows and Microsoft background.

I have used the "PrestaShop Advanced Template" to automatically create my PrestaShop install of ( 1 Web Server & 1 Database Server).

However when I try to access the back office I get and error telling me I need to delete the /install directory first.

that would be fine except it was an automatic install so I don't know were the install folder is !

I have managed to fish around a bit and got onto the web server and executed the "ls" bash command to see folders,

I cant find the install folder,

however I don't have access to the /root folder and suspect that it might be in there.

I'm logged into the Azure Portal and I am using a "Serial Console" to access the Web Server (front-end VM)

I have also check on the database server (back-end VM) in the same way and have the same limited access.

I'm new to Bash, so how do I elevate my permissions so I can access the root folder [if indeed the /install folder is located there] ? 

Azure - Serial Console - ls of root folder (2).jpg

Azure - PrestaShop resource group (2).jpg

found the solution

need raised privileges which is achieve by using the "sudo" command before the desired command

such as:

sudo ls -a ../../root

or

sudo ls -a ../../var/www/html

this second command list the install directory amongst others

so

sudo rm -r ../../var/www/html/install

actually removes it. 

Note: as I'm new to Unix / Linux I would have hope to find some help on this but had to try to guess helped by my general IT skills