weird translation

during my upgrade to 0.9.7 i lost my translation, because i did not make a backup. ok. never mind. so i start to make new translation. but i dont understand WHY there are MANY word and phases like 10x times. ??? is there any reason for that? it is totaly unfriendly, and ready to make some mistakes during translation. is there any chance, that this whole thing will be rebuilded? because now, it is a nightmare.

Hi haluzman,

We understand that it requires some time translate each field, even repeating words and phrases that are exactly the same.  As it currently exists, the current translation system is not ideal.

When we originally developed this functionality, each word or phrase was in fact translated only once and then repeated automatically throughout the application.  However, we found that a number of users wanted the flexibility of being able to customize every instance of the word.  (For example, instead of simply displaying 'Back', users wanted the option of being able to be more specific, e.g., 'Back to Your Account', 'Continue Shopping', 'Previous', etc.)

Still, improvements are clearly needed.  At present, we are strongly favoring a system by which the user would translate the first instance of the word or phrase, and PrestaShop would then automatically populate all the other fields using the same word or phrase.  However, every field would also remain editable for the user who would want to change them one-by-one, if desired.

We are always open to other suggestions.  Feel free to share your ideas with us so that we can find the best solution for the greatest number of users.  ;)