[SOLVED] Description and short description not changing or showing

The description and short description in catalog - products i have changed but it does not save. If a product i change from default one it shows default description even thou i changed it. With new products it comes up blank. Even in admin it does this not just main shop page.
It worked ok the other day then same fault so i reset everything and started again, some products again worked fine then again just stopped working. about to give up on prestashop.
It looks nice but this bug is killing me may have to revert to other software i used previously unless someone can help
Please
http://www.secretdesire.co.uk
Could this be caused by url rewrite for seo friendly URL
Tried millions of things and looks like no one on here can help.

All the other things save in the database but the description and short description will not write to database, but after save button it says saved
surely someone knows route and files this takes and what is stopping description writing to database

i had a similar problem... but i didnt know what the problem was because i didnt notice there was an error message at the top of the screen after i hit save....

try it again and see what you get... you should get either a green check marke or a red error symbol of some sort.

good luck.

says
Update successful
with green tick but description is not saved in either the page in admin or in database
Same for short and normal description but everything else is ok meta tags, meta description all them save ok just not product short description and long description.

Well not alot of help on here!
Now i did think prestashop with its templates looked the best to buy.
I already own shops with zencart and although they do not look quite as good they do at least work and help in forum is quick and easy.
I am not giving up on prestashop quite yet but i am close.
Before any users deside to purchase templates etc please come back and monitor this, as its no point buying and setting up something that you get no help with or does not work, i will reply here if i get it fixed and help or not so you can make decision.

For anyone else that gets this problem
It is nothing to do with prestashop.

My new template pushed me to change browser to IE9 which i let it do
This caused compatabillity problem
hit compatability and everything worked again
so its a browser problem in the admin so easy to fix or atleast change browser back

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...