[Solved]HTML pages location

I want to do some modifications in Home page and I need to modify the home page html file. I did a Find/Replace in Prestashop folder without any result. I can see and modify the home page html codes through Firebug but cannot find the file in my Prestashop folder.
Where is the Home page html file located in Prestashop folder?

Thanks for any help.

It is themes//index.tpl that contains the homepage centre column code. PrestaShop uses modules in the "Homepage content" hook to display the content in the centre column of the homepage. You must use the "Homepage text editor" module to edit the content.

For the header and footer, edit themes//header.tpl and themes//footer.tpl.

Rocky,
Thanks for the reply.
I know HTML editor module and I already used it. I inserted a swf file that has 980px of width via HTML editor but it's showing only the half of the swf and I need to move it to the left. It is not possible through back office. That's why I need to edit the index.html file.
As you mentioned I opened the index.tpl file but nothing is inside for modifying. Maybe I miss something.
Here is what I have in index.tpl file:

{*
* 2007-2010 PrestaShop
* NOTICE OF LICENSE
* This source file is subject to the Open Software License (OSL 3.0)
* that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE.txt.
* It is also available through the world-wide-web at this URL:
* http://opensource.org/licenses/osl-3.0.php
* If you did not receive a copy of the license and are unable to
* obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send an email
* to [email protected] so we can send you a copy immediately.
* DISCLAIMER
* Do not edit or add to this file if you wish to upgrade PrestaShop to newer
* versions in the future. If you wish to customize PrestaShop for your
* needs please refer to http://www.prestashop.com for more information.
* @author Prestashop SA
* @copyright 2007-2010 Prestashop SA
* @version Release: $Revision: 1.4 $
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/osl-3.0.php Open Software License (OSL 3.0)
* International Registred Trademark & Property of PrestaShop SA
*}

{$HOOK_HOME}

And this is a part of the html file of Home page that I got from Firebug (this is what I need to modify):

<!-- Module Editorial -->

homepage_logo.jpg

<object data="http://localhost/prestashop/test.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="400" width="980">

</object>

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna

<!-- /Module Editorial -->

Where is this html file located in Prestashop?
Sorry to repeat the same question but I am a little bit confused because I see the html codes through Firebug but cannot find them in Prestashop folder. It should be somewhere or maybe there be some conversion done by browser(Firefox).
I would appreciate it if you can clarify it.
Thank you.
  • Like 1

I found the tpl file in the modules folder but there is not html file like what I mentioned in my previous post.

For example in editorial.tpl there are below codes.This is not what i am looking for:

<!-- Module Editorial -->

{if $editorial->body_home_logo_link}body_home_logo_link|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" title="{$editorial->body_title|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'|stripslashes}">{/if}
{if $homepage_logo}getMediaLink($image_path)}" alt="{$editorial->body_title|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'|stripslashes}" {if $image_width}width="{$image_width}"{/if} {if $image_height}height="{$image_height}" {/if}/>{/if}
{if $editorial->body_home_logo_link}
{/if}
{if $editorial->body_logo_subheading}{$editorial->body_logo_subheading|stripslashes}
{elseif $editorial->body_logo_subheading}{$editorial->body_logo_subheading}{/if}
{if $editorial->body_title}

{$editorial->body_title|stripslashes}

{elseif $editorial->body_title}

{$editorial->body_title|stripslashes}

{/if}
{if $editorial->body_subheading}

{$editorial->body_subheading|stripslashes}

{elseif $editorial->body_subheading}

{$editorial->body_subheading|stripslashes}

{/if}
{if $editorial->body_paragraph}
{$editorial->body_paragraph|stripslashes}

{elseif $editorial->body_paragraph}
{$editorial->body_paragraph|stripslashes}
{/if}

<!-- /Module Editorial -->

To be more precis I am looking for the html codes or tags like head,body,div,p,h1,h2 ,etc... Like a standard html page.
I know how to edit html files but I do not know how to edit the tpl files.
Thank you.

PrestaShop dynamically generates the HTML using the TPL files. You must edit the TPL files. You can't edit the HTML. You can find the <head> and <body> tags in header.tpl. Also, it appears you are using HTML view. You need to switch to code view to properly see the code.

• Like 1

I looked at tpl file you mentioned. Unfortunately I do not have any experiences to edit tpl files. This is new to me. I have more experiences with xhtml/css and Dreamweaver CS3 and some Adobe programs.
So I have to find another way for editing my Home page.
Actually I tried to insert a flash animation in the head. I could do it trough the BO but it is placed in the middle of the page and the half of the flash is hidden. I need first to move it to the left and reveal the whole animation. I tried it trough the css without any result.
I'll keep trying to resolve this issue and will see.

it appears you are using HTML view. You need to switch to code view to properly see the code.

Actually I copied the codes from the code view but when I paste them in the forum they change!
Thanks.