Entry of stock levels

I'm used to 1.6, where I have ASM enabled, and when booking in new stock, I just create a supply order for all the items received.  This way I can just copy from the DN the product codes, cost prices and quantities.

I'm setting up a new, separate, store, for a new category of product, and chose 1.7.. maybe this was unwise.   

I can create the products I need via my existing code that creates a CSV based on my supplier's database of /everything/ so that's OK,  But adding stock, is looking like it will be difficult.. I can't find a place where I can just key in a product code (or barcode, would be better) and quantity. 

It looks like with the new stock system, all you can do it search for an individual product (or a range you can filter on), and update the quantities.  This is great if you are doing just odd items, but I've got a couple of thousand, at least, to work my way though, and this looks like it will be seriously impractical.

My *ideal* scenario would be something kind of like a reverse POS - I just throw each item past the barcode scanner and it adds one to the quantity available for each item.   Is there anything around (for free, I'm not making any money yet!) that handles this sort of thing?  Or do I get to write it myself, again?

Thanks,