[SOLVED] H1 tag and Page Title

SCW

I am running V 1.3.2.3

In standard configuration, the H1 tag is simply wrapped around the logo and is static on all pages. Obviously, this is not the best approach for quality SEO results.

Can someone please suggest the best module for providing the ability to apply the H1 tag to the Page Title - for starters...

Thank you!!!

This issue has already been reported and fixed in PrestaShop v1.4. The

was removed from the logo and added to the title of the page in the center column instead.

Do you know if any of the ADDON SEO modules handle this? As I understand it, 1.4 is still in Alpha and should not be used on a production site - correct?

Thank you.

That's right, though this fix affects the theme files only, so you could edit your theme and move all the h1 tags in the same way as in the PrestaShop v1.4 theme. I doubt there is any module that does this, since there are no hooks a module could use to move the h1 tags.

• 1 month later...

Ok it´s solved on 1.4 but only on home page. Why the prestashop theme with 1.4 RC1 on categories do that;

iPodsHay 3 productos

it should do that;

iPodsHay 3 productos

I am not an HTML expert but I understand that gogl will see; IpodHay 3 productos

So again H1 is lost :-(

Ok it´s solved on 1.4 but only on home page. Why the prestashop theme with 1.4 RC1 on categories do that;

iPodsHay 3 productos

it should do that;

iPodsHay 3 productos

I am not an HTML expert but I understand that gogl will see; IpodHay 3 productos

So again H1 is lost :-(

It is not completely "lost." The search bots will see: Ipod Hay 3 productos However - since the product wrapped inside the h1 tags - unless inline styling is applied or a class is assigned to the span element, whatever is inside the span (in the first example you give), will inherit the h1 properties. The H1 may also lose some focus this way - depending upon what is inside the span tags.

Ideally, we should be able to edit exactly what appears inside the H1 tag on each page or as related to each product, category etc. via the Admin area. Contents of the H1 tag needs to correlate to the page title as well (for proper SEO basics). Same key phrases used in title and H1, should also appear in meta description. I don't know if there is a SEO plugin that provides this ability?

It is not completely "lost." The search bots will see: Ipod Hay 3 productos However - since the product wrapped inside the h1 tags - unless inline styling is applied or a class is assigned to the span element, whatever is inside the span (in the first example you give), will inherit the h1 properties. The H1 may also lose some focus this way - depending upon what is inside the span tags.

Ideally, we should be able to edit exactly what appears inside the H1 tag on each page or as related to each product, category etc. via the Admin area. Contents of the H1 tag needs to correlate to the page title as well (for proper SEO basics). Same key phrases used in title and H1, should also appear in meta description. I don't know if there is a SEO plugin that provides this ability?

As I do, that´s what you need;

HOME page:

H1: Text witen by you, (optimizing the keywords) (As is now on 1.4)
H2: More text (Much better if you can add YOUR personal text, this way you can do what you want) (As is now on 1.4)
If you want H2 should be the "Categories" menu and H3 all the categories. If you want H4 could be all modules you have, for example, most viewed, News .... but in any case the cart, I do not understand why the word "cart" must be so relevant. (OF COURSE I AM NOT PROGRAMER AND I KNOW IS NOT SO EASY TO IMPLEMENT ALL ITEMS AT 100%)

CATEGORIES page:

H1: Category name
H2: Text (I should add this option on BO when you create the category) Or use the title of the page
H3: I should not use here,
H4: I understand that the modules should be H4, but is not necesary

ARTICLES page;

H1: Name of the article (Not necesary the title of the page)
H2: Text (on SEO window in BO)
H4: all modules name (not necesary)

Also the problem should be what happen with modules, they must take care of "H" rules if not it will be a real desaster. For example, prestapres (module to add news on home page) should use the H3 to all title news.