Categories won't appear in default language

I have 3 languages in my shop, default is my native. I want to configure categories of my shop, but.. they won't show up in the categories block in my default language. Though they do show up when I switch the site to English or Russian. I tried just translating the sample data categories and tried creating new ones - it's all the same - they simply don't show up.. What could be the problem and how can this be solved?Thank you!

please help! I looked through the site using Firebug - I see that the script for categories block in my default language is empty and in English, Russian - there is a code. So where can I manually change this code so it would automatically make categories' list appear on my website in default language???

You should not have to change any code to have those categories listed. Have you deleted/created languages in between the process of creating those categories ? Can you tell what languages you have defined (any disabled ones in between ?) ? It is hard to tell without looking but maybe your stored language ID's got mixed up inside the database and you have checked that the category fields for your default language are not empty ?

I didn't disable any languages before creating categories. First I made three languages active for my store - Lithuanian as default, then Russian and English. And only then I started building categories and found out they wouldn't appear on my default language page..
I tried to disable categories module on the left and then install it again, but it didn't fix the problem..

Hi Vilk,

The tags module is also not visible for my default language, just for english indeed. As for your categories I see that with Lithuanian language there are also no products shown while these are there for the other languages. Maybe you will be better of by starting from scratch since you just started. Something might be messed up in your database and it that is hard to tell without access to it. If you reinstall and encounter the same problem again it might give a better clue if you check step by step. Sorry I can not give you a direct lead.

HTH

solved. Just removed Lithuanian and edited Dutch language in the list (as I won't need it) - named it Lithuanian, gave LT iso code, uploaded Lithuanian flag and it works now. So there is some problem with categories if you add a language that is not in a default list.
Though the module tags is still only in English :) not a problem with that.

That's probably it. Lithuan is not by default a country in the shipping->countries list and therefore fails. You might give it another try and see what happens if you add your country with the shipping->countries first, then create a new language Lithuanian and go on from there. Good to know !

• 2 weeks later...
You can try the solutions found in this thread http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/8098/modules/problems_with_categories and see if it solves your problem. Otherwise you maybe can provide a link to have a closer look.

Problem in your THEME ( file: header.tpl, section <head></head> ) :

see attachment file!

PRESSTASHOP_1-1-0-3_EmptyCategoryList.txt