[SOLVED]1.3.1.1 to 1.3.3.

OK - I have made a clean install of 1.3.3. I want to import a database from 1.3.1.1.

I have tried to import and it keeps telling there are syntax errors and fails to import. Are they SQL/Table difference between the two versions? Is there a "right" way of doing it? I have exported and then tried to import - surely its not that difficult?

It seems that you are trying to upgrade from 1.3.1.1 If so you should follow the upgrade procedure instead of making a clean install of 1.3.3.

****Make sure you back up your original folder and database ...in case anything goes wrong you can revert back.

You will have to copy your setting.inc.php from yr 1.3.1.1 into the 1.3.3 config/ folder.......When you run installation, the upgrade button should be "on"

:)

I seem to have got that part working - but I cant login in the back office now - so many wasted hours!!

I tried the suggestions of updated the table using the sql as below...

UPDATE ps_employee SET passwd = md5('_COOKIE_KEY_YOUNEWPASSWORD') WHERE email = 'YOUEMAILADDRESS';

And I tried the by pass method and that does not work either - sigh....driving me mad!

I solved it, - Thanks for the replies.

I was being a little slow. The new install of course had my login credentials. When I took the tables from the old server it overwrote the employee and therefore my new credentials. So I edited the table and change the email address of one of the pre-existing employees (previous developer) and then did a forgot password which sent me a new password to my email account.