Dashboard Activity Stats showing Current online visitors with way too many visitors from server IP

ewinch

Hello.

I'm using PrestaShop 1.6.1.18 Currently. (Just updated 2 days ago)

On the Dashboard page there is the section "Activity Overview". That section shows the Stats for the Online visitors, Abandoned Carts, Orders, etc, etc..

My problem is that the online visitors shows around 400-500 visitors online in the past 15 mins. Now that is way off. I would say there typically is an average of 20 users most of the time.

I took a screenshot to show what I see. Seems that there is some sort of service running and I cant seem to find out what it is. The server IP "108.160.159.115" is doing something a few times each minute. And the page it its going to is "pagnotfound"   UPDATE: (It was just pagenotfound. Now its been saying category)

Can somebody give me some direction in what to do to troubleshoot or find out whats going on here?

Here are the steps I have tried so far.

1. I made a duplicate modules folder in the root directory and renamed the current folder as module-old. I then copied just the stats modules into it so all the modules where disabled except for the stats modules. (No Effect)
  2. Turned off all the CRON jobs through cPanel
  3. Removed all the sitemap Generator and files from the server so there is nothing the sitemap can be doing
  4. Checked Google Analytics and it shows the correct amount of visitors. So obviously its something that's happening internally. Not something external loading a webpage.

Prestashop-OnlineVisitors.jpg

Edited by ewinch (see edit history)

• 3 years later...

Hi there, kind of old question I know.. but I m bumping this up cause I have (as i think) a similar case..

Did you ever find out what was causing it?

On 5/30/2018 at 12:56 AM, ewinch said:

Hello.

I'm using PrestaShop 1.6.1.18 Currently. (Just updated 2 days ago)

On the Dashboard page there is the section "Activity Overview". That section shows the Stats for the Online visitors, Abandoned Carts, Orders, etc, etc..

My problem is that the online visitors shows around 400-500 visitors online in the past 15 mins. Now that is way off. I would say there typically is an average of 20 users most of the time.