What is meaning of "PHP.ini setting "max_input_vars" must be increased to 8000"

Pente14

I am trying to use the combinations feature.

And trying to get 1.7 to automatically adjust the pricing according to the selected combinations (which is easy in 1.6 but I cant find how to in 1,7)

This error message appears.

I have tried to look in the parameters area for the right place to make the adjustment.

The value of the PHP.ini setting "max_input_vars" must be increased to 8000 in order to be able to submit the product form.

image.thumb.png.569d6b9f6091fc3c07973ea5ac92ff68.png

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Steve

4 hours ago, musicmaster said:

You must be really inexperienced. This subject is all over the web - and not restricted to Prestashop.

php.ini is the settings file of your php installation. You should make your change there.

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

I understand that I am not the brightest in the firmament. 

Now that we have got that out of the way, should I Google php settings or is there any specific advice you could provide?

17 hours ago, Pente14 said:

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

I understand that I am not the brightest in the firmament. 

Now that we have got that out of the way, should I Google php settings or is there any specific advice you could provide?

I think you don't have your own server so contact your hosting or use admin panel of your hosting to increase this value ;)

1 minute ago, HanzCZ said:

I think you don't have your own server so contact your hosting or use admin panel of your hosting to increase this value ;)

Hanz ... thanks for an answer I can start to understand.

I have been Googling this PHP.ini thing .... and I have ended up more confused than I started.  The topics seem to assume that the reader knows one end of stuff from the other ... and I don't even recognise stuff 

So my question is ..... who do I ask?  And what do I request?

... I feel so dumb

On 28. 5. 2018 at 4:36 PM, Pente14 said:

Hanz ... thanks for an answer I can start to understand.

I have been Googling this PHP.ini thing .... and I have ended up more confused than I started.  The topics seem to assume that the reader knows one end of stuff from the other ... and I don't even recognise stuff 

So my question is ..... who do I ask?  And what do I request?

... I feel so dumb

There is information about php.ini (http://php.net/manual/en/configuration.file.php) and how to change this file (https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204403894/how-can-i-edit-the-php.ini-file)... But I think it is unencessary to know it for you... So try to contact your hosting provider's support and tell them, you need to increase max_input_vars to at least 8000 and attache your screenshot above. That's all ;)