PayPal billing address query

BrianClough_eire

Good morning all,

I am curious. I have edited various PS 1.7 files to switch off the ability for a customer to specify a different delivery address than their billing address. This all works fine, so I shall stay on topic, but I wanted to make sure I explained I had done all this first.

I am not worried about people logging in to their PayPal accounts, when paying. It's more for customers wishing to pay by credit / debit card without creating a PayPal account. The webpage pushes the billing info to the PayPal page as I expect. But there isn't as far as I can see any way to stop you changing the details to match whichever card they wish to pay with and it then confirming back to the site whether these details match?

I tested it earlier, and it allowed me to place an order with a different delivery address which came through on the PayPal email to me. Now, I understand that from PayPals point of view, they've verified the address on their end, but if it isn't talking back to my site, what's to stop them using a wrong address on my website? So I therefore have to double check each other against each invoice?

Unless there is someway to change this, that I am not aware of?

Any help in this matter would be gratefully received.

Kind Regards,

Brian