Moving PS 1.7 from www/ps17/ to www folder, need help

=Andre=

Hi guys,
I've bought the PrestaShop to PrestaShop Migration Tool, set up PS1.7 aside with my PS1.6 in www/ps17 folder and  migrated my data. 
I've tried to switch to my new PS1.7 shop by moving all files and folders from my www/ps17 folder up to the root www folder, but my PS1.7 shop hasn't got to work in such a way. There were 404 ps17/index.php Not Found error and some other error stuff, when I tried to edit  .htaccess file.

Finally I've rolled everything back.

Looks like I should make some more modifications in may be .htaccess, index.php files, or something else. Could you please advise?

The only modifications needed when moving form a folder to another are:

1. Edit the .htaccess and change:

- #Domain: domain.com <=> this remains the same unless you had a setup like subdomain.domain.com
- RewriteRule . - [E=REWRITEBASE:/your_previous_folder/] <=> rename this with "/" if the new location is www

2. If you still can't login, then open the ps_shop_url table (if your DB prefix is ps) and change there the values to reflect the above. If you had a subdomain.domain.com setup then you need to update the PS_DOMAIN values in the ps_configuration too;

It is assumed you kept the same database.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, Rho_Bur!

I think I've found a more simple way to to do that automatically by changing "Base URI" field at "SEO & URLs" section of the backoffice prior to moving files.

That did the trick.