Any Solution To Increase Keyword limit to 255 Character to more....

You need to edit your database using phpMyAdmin and increase the length of the meta_keywords field of the ps_product_lang table, then edit line 187 of classes/Product.php and increase the meta_keywords length there:

protected $fieldsSizeLang = array('meta_description' => 255, 'meta_keywords' => 255,

• Like 1

Friend,

I have done changes in database as suggested by you. The length of meta description is increased but for keywords its still showing error as

""'" 1. the field keywords (English (English)) is too long (255 chars max)""""

Please provide me solution for it.

Regards
Vilas

Hi Vilas,
I don't really understand why you want to have more than 255 characters in the meta-keyword...
It is now known that all the major search engines don't give any importance to the meta-keyword. And even back in the days when it was important, it was bad practice and counter productive to put too many keywords.
Or am I missing something??

Hi Friend,

In given field also I have changed limit but still I am getting error. Meta keyword option I have not get in database. But in other product.php I have made changes ps_product_lang table field so please let me know in which field will we get option.

Regards
Vilas

Dear FredActin,

Thanks for support. Actually I am selling mobile phones home appliances that is the reason I am trying to use much more keywords. As I am unable to find out my website through entering product titles in google. Do you have any solution for it.

Regards
Vilas

Well as I said Google does not use the meta-keyword tag any more.

Source: Google

The description tag won't affect your ranking either, but you can try to make it compelling as it is often displayed on the search results page.

The only one which is still considered is the title but there again, it is more efficient to focus on 1 or 2 keywords for each page.

"Stuffing" your page with keywords will remove any credibility to your page and you won't go anywhere high on Google (or on any search engine)

I'm not going to write a complete SEO guide here, I think there are plenty of resources available out there but please when you do your research on SEO only use sources that are less than 2 year old (even 1 year old of possible - I know my link to Google is more than a year old but I know the situation hasn't changed since then)

• 2 years later...

I made ​​the change suggested by rocky,

and also to me clontinuava to give error, just because (in the case of ps 1.5.2)

you have to make the change to the file Product.php

line 289

'meta_keywords' => array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'lang' => true, 'validate' => 'isGenericName', 'size' => 255),

to

'meta_keywords' => array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'lang' => true, 'validate' => 'isGenericName', 'size' => 500),

• 2 years later...