[SOLVED] Counter for the shop? Like to see how many visitors

Hello Again

I have a new question.
I have looked in the back office but i cant find it.
Is there a function to count hits to the website built in to prestashop?
If not, can i add a counter, and if so, which one would you recommend?
I like to be able to see visitors per hour, per day, week, month and so on.
But also if possible see where they came from. (this one is not important)

Thanks in advance

Peter

Thanks for the reply

But to be honest, it seems to be very complicated to set up, isn't it?
For example, whats the user id the back office is asking for when i try to configure the module?
The explanation in the back office module only makes me more confused.
Do i need to go in to every .php file and edit it by pasting the code i got from google?
If any1 can explain some more i would be most grateful.

Best regards
Peter

After signup, login to Google Analytics and click on the 'Add a Profile' button and follow the steps. Make sure you select/enable the domain to be an 'E-Commerce Website'.

After that, return to your Google Analytics 'Home' it will have a list of domains and next to the domain names it will have you tracking-code, which is like UA-1234567-1.

Go to your Prestashop Install and under the Modules Tab, there is a 'Google Analytics' Module, enable it. Then configure the module by entering your Google Analytics tracking code (ie UA-1234567-1) into the little box. You will notice below there are several paragraphs, you can follow these to find some really neat statistics using Goals. For example you can find out when people dropped their carts etc.

Hope this works for you. If not let me know.

You won't have to edit the php files manually. Prestashop does it all :)

So how come when i log on to the Google Analytics i get the message "Tracking Not Installed (Last checked: 2008-11-25 1:02 PM PST.) " ?

I have logged in to my analytics account and changed the settings where it says i have a shop and so on.
But whats the thing about goals? And the name of pages? How do i know what to set there?
I just want some simple way to see how many visitors per hour, day week etc, and if possible some referals as well.

Well i leave it to see if status changes by it self after a while.

Thanks for all your help though.

Best regards
Peter

Don't worry about Goal Tracking at the moment, it is just a neat feature which is useful to tell you how many people abandoned their cart and at which stage in the checkout procedure. In its current state it should give you all the stats you need.

Give it a few hours and it should be working. Have checked your site and the tracking code is there, so check back in a few hours and you should have all the stats you need :)

Now its about 48 hours since i activated it and inserted the settings in the back office module.
And still on the analytics web site i get the message "Tracking Not Installed (Last checked: 2008-11-26 10:41 AM PST.)
The Google Analytics tracking code has not been detected on your website's home page."

So question is, do i need to make any editing of any files manually also?
Why else is it not working?

Thanks for your help so far.

Best regards
Peter

Thanks again for al your tips.
I looked closer and just saw that the code i inserted must have been corrupted while i did copy and paste.
Last digit was missing, i changed that and then after a few hours it worked.

Once again, Thanks for the help.

//Peter