[Solved] Replacing SiteMap button with Home ...

Hello folks,

I have et-cleanblue-1.2 theme and really like it except one thing. It misses Home button from the head section. The head section includes Contact, SiteMap and Bookmark. Is it possible to replace SiteMap button with Home and bring it in the front of Contact.

In other words, it would look: Home, Contact and Bookmark.

Any hint is appreciated.

Many thanks

34579_GpMHCrFZdFbcrNhvp1RT_t

I'm not familiar with that theme, but I would check whether themes//modules/blockpermanentlinks/blockpermanentlinks-header.tpl exists. If it does, you can change the code there. If it doesn't, you will need to edit modules/blockpermanentlinks/blockpermanentlinks-header.tpl. You should see code like the following:

<!-- Block permanent links module -->

<!-- Sitemap -->

<a href="{$base_dir}sitemap.php"> 
       <a href="{$base_dir}sitemap.php">{l s='sitemap' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}

<!-- Contact -->

<a href="{$base_dir_ssl}contact-form.php"> 
       <a href="{$base_dir_ssl}contact-form.php">{l s='contact' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}

<!-- Bookmark -->

[removed]writeBookmarkLink('{$come_from|replace:"'":''|addslashes}', '{$shop_name|addslashes|addslashes}', '{l s='bookmark this page' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}', '{$img_dir}icon/star.gif');[removed] 

<!-- /Block permanent links module -->

Change it to the following:

<!-- Block permanent links module -->

<!-- Home -->

<a href="{$base_dir}"> 
       <a href="{$base_dir}">{l s='home' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}

<!-- Contact -->

<a href="{$base_dir_ssl}contact-form.php"> 
       <a href="{$base_dir_ssl}contact-form.php">{l s='contact' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}

<!-- Bookmark -->

[removed]writeBookmarkLink('{$come_from|replace:"'":''|addslashes}', '{$shop_name|addslashes|addslashes}', '{l s='bookmark this page' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}', '{$img_dir}icon/star.gif');[removed] 

<!-- /Block permanent links module -->

Then search the CSS file for sitemap.gif and replace it with home.gif, then put a home.gif icon in the themes//img/icon/ directory.

I really appreciate for your kind help.

My theme doesn't have /module directory and i found the following code from prestashop/module/blockpermanent/blockpermanentlinks-header.tpl

><!-- Block permanent links module HEADER -->
</pre>
<ul>
{l s='contact' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}
{l s='sitemap' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}

[removed]writeBookmarkLink('{$come_from|replace:"'":''|addslashes}', '{$meta_title|addslashes|addslashes}', '{l s='bookmark' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}');[removed]

</ul>
<br><!-- /Block permanent links module HEADER 

This code looks different than the code you mentioned. Probably simplier theme? Could you possibly advice in this case please?

Thank you again

Try:

</pre>
<ul>
<a href="{$base_dir}" title="{l s='home' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}">{l s='home' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}
<a href="{$base_dir_ssl}contact-form.php" title="{l s='contact' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}">{l s='contact' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}

<script type="text/javascript">writeBookmarkLink('{$come_from|replace:"'":''|addslashes}', '{$meta_title|addslashes|addslashes}', '{l s='bookmark' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}');</script>

</ul>

and change the following line in the /* top links */ section of global.css:

#header_links #header_link_sitemap a { background-image: url('../img/icon/sitemap.gif') }

to:

#header_links #header_link_home a { background-image: url('../img/icon/home.gif') }

Then put home.gif in the themes//img/icon/ directory.

• 1 month later...
Try:

</pre>
<ul>
<a href="{$base_dir}" title="{l s='home' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}">{l s='home' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}
<a href="{$base_dir_ssl}contact-form.php" title="{l s='contact' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}">{l s='contact' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}

<script type="text/javascript">writeBookmarkLink('{$come_from|replace:"'":''|addslashes}', '{$meta_title|addslashes|addslashes}', '{l s='bookmark' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}');</script>

</ul>

and change the following line in the /* top links */ section of global.css:

#header_links #header_link_sitemap a { background-image: url('../img/icon/sitemap.gif') }

to:

#header_links #header_link_home a { background-image: url('../img/icon/home.gif') }

Then put home.gif in the themes//img/icon/ directory.

in permanet link, is it possible to add new products, best seller, and special product? thank you for your help

Sure. Just add the following before the in modules/blockpermanentlinks/blockpermanentlinks-header.tpl (and blockpermanent-links.tpl):

{l s='new products' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}
{l s='best sellers' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}
{l s='specials' mod='blockpermanentlinks'}

Then add the following to the /* top links */ section of global.css:

#header_links #header_link_new a { background-image: url('../img/icon/new.gif') }
#header_links #header_link_best a { background-image: url('../img/icon/best.gif') }
#header_links #header_link_specials a { background-image: url('../img/icon/specials.gif') }

Then create the new.gif, best.gif and specials.gif icons you want in the img/icon directory inside your theme.

Try copying the code from modules/homefeatured/homefeatured.tpl into product-list.tpl. That should display the products like in the featured products block. You can remove the

to remove the "Featured products" title.

will try that. thank you again rocky. i'll let you know when it's done

Try copying the code from modules/homefeatured/homefeatured.tpl into product-list.tpl. That should display the products like in the featured products block. You can remove the

to remove the "Featured products" title.

you rock again rocky rock. i did as you told and it worked. sorry to ask again, does it affect anything to product category since i copy and paste the code from homefeatured? i mean, will there be any problem in the future by doing this ? as i saw it in the code that the product category that i just did use homefeatured module.