SSL support

Hi.

I am waiting for that to.

I understand that, for now, it is not a priority for the dev team.  to bad ???

The argument was that it confuses people..  :-

It is absolutely no option for me to run Prestashop whit out SSL.

Ronald.

Hi,

Zen-Cart is very good. I like it a lot.

I have 6 websites running zen-cart at the moment.

It has everything you will need and more and has a very big helpful community.

But...  :-

It has also a few catches. Upgrading for instance from version to version is a real pain in the b*tt.

Also the template system is really difficult to tweak and has a lot of strange effects.

Most of the things that zen-cart is difficult in are easy in Prestashop.

That is one of the reasons that i am enthusiastic about this new cart.

It has real potential and many of the drawbacks of zen-cart are solved or non existent in Prestashop.

So if you need a cart right now i would suggest to go with zen-cart and if you can wait a little longer you can maybe better go with prestashop.

Ronald.

You're right! zen-cart is harder to customize unlike this cart. I have a post here also telling the mod that if i do my project using prestashop and later upgrade when the version 1 came up if isn;t it too hard to do it, they said that it's trivial. So i picked this and hoping that in the very near future(while my project is still under development) , the stable version will be released and just do the upgrade.

Thanks man.

The way I see it, if you are building a site now, then there is not point in using Zen Cart. Prestashop is so close to being awesome its silly. We are not talking months on moths before Prestashop will be ready. Just hold in there. As for Zen Cart my current site is using it, and the word ugly is kind. It is functional but not very friendly. Prestashop is in a different league.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with James, if you can wait, I think you will agree that this cart if far and away better than zen cart.  I have 12 sites running ZenCart and 7 running OSC.  ZenCart is an improvement over OSC, but Presta is so much faster and well programmed vs ZenCart.  I have a lot of sites I am sitting on waiting for 1.0  I can hardly wait.  Kinda like waiting for my birthday.  :)

If you haven't used ZenCart, I would set up a site using the software just so you can compare the two when Presta comes out of beta.

ZenCart and OSC are so difficult to upgrade to the next version, especially if you add a lot of mods. 

Good luck with your choice.