[Solved] How can I edit the "from" field of the emails?

I am not sure what your problem is. If you set your shop name and shop email address correctly, the FROM will be [You Shop Name] as attached image which is my shop [Eco Choice Shop].

If you want to change go can do it at /classes/Mail.php
Inside Send(.....) function, look for following lines

if (!isset($from)) $from = $configuration['PS_SHOP_EMAIL'];
if (!isset($fromName)) $fromName = $configuration['PS_SHOP_NAME'];

And if you want change for specific mail type, for example, "Order confirmation", you need to change following file.
/classed/PaymentModule.php

inside ValidateOrder(...) function, Look for this line

Mail::Send(intval($order->id_lang), 'order_conf', 'Order confirmation', $data, $customer->email, $customer->firstname.' '.$customer->lastname, NULL, NULL, $fileAttachment);

Hope this help

33715_WehArKloFa7Dc7iEjPeZ_t

Thanks for reply, you suggest me to change 'PS_SHOP_NAME' to the text I want? Because the code you pasted is already there, so theres nothing to change... the other question is why the hell when I set the email addresss X and shop name Y, all order statuses are going from the other email address Z which was used for contact form and was set up in employees>contacts. Now Ive changed that email too, but order statuses are still going from Z email address.

thats true, its been modified a bit, I have made one change regarding email addresses etc, I have had problem with contact form and that fix solved it, but I think since then Im getting email address instead shop name in "from" field. Any help?
Thanks in advance

EDIT:
I have found out what it was. That fix overrides the back office email configurations, now all is solved! Thank anyway!

• 7 months later...

I am glad that you figured out the solution by yourself.<br/>I also took a look of the fix you applied. Just as you said, yes, it overrides the store setting.<br/><br/>And thanks for sharing the information.

Hi Shokinro

Maybe you can help me.

My shop name is very long and i want to keep it like that.But i want a smaller name in autoresponse emails to customers from contact form enquiries.Also i want to send autoresponse mail from different email ,i created in BO>contacts. But now when customer selects a contact from drop down im contact form , autoresponse email always goes from shop email set in BO> preferences>contact information

How to do this?

regards

indus

the forum upgrade lost all subscriptions to threads, so no one receive email notifications.

My shop name is very long and i want to keep it like that.But i want a smaller name in autoresponse emails to customers from contact form enquiries.

you should be able to change the font size to reduce the store name spaces in email body, web pages.

but it is not possible to change it in mail subject

Also i want to send autoresponse mail from different email ,i created in BO>contacts. But now when customer selects a contact from drop down im contact form , autoresponse email always goes from shop email set in BO> preferences>contact information

you set in wrong places.

You need set it at following location

Back office - Employees - Contacts

hope this help

the forum upgrade lost all subscriptions to threads, so no one receive email notifications.

My shop name is very long and i want to keep it like that.But i want a smaller name in autoresponse emails to customers from contact form enquiries.

you should be able to change the font size to reduce the store name spaces in email body, web pages.

but it is not possible to change it in mail subject

Also i want to send autoresponse mail from different email ,i created in BO>contacts. But now when customer selects a contact from drop down im contact form , autoresponse email always goes from shop email set in BO> preferences>contact information

you set in wrong places.

You need set it at following location

Back office - Employees - Contacts

hope this help

That is where i set it.I have created 4 contacts.but the automail only sends from the shop email given in preferences>contact information.